Why is no one doing clothes lines in the UFC?

Same reason we dont see them climb the cage and jump off on someone I guess. Would be interesting since it not against the rules. When someone finishes with a Boston crab I'm done.

We've been blessed

lim-dropped-by-mike-edited.gif

Because that's a good way to absolutely obliterate your elbow and shoulder.

Because it's not a practical move.

Fighting favours high percentage success moves, and a clothesline will never be that. It also doesn't really accomplish anything an overhand wouldn't.

It's telegraphed and leaves you open.

If Khabib got a hammerlock grip and hit a Rainmaker I'd lose my shit

Same reason we dont see them climb the cage and jump off on someone I guess. Would be interesting since it not against the rules. When someone finishes with a Boston crab I'm done.

Ouch..

Joanna has used numerous moves Bas used. She just does them so quick people assume it's something else. This includes palm strikes and yup clothesline. She has cough a lot of girls on the end of a forearm strike. People mistake it for wild haymakers.

It's just that unlike Bas the girls she has faced tend to be young with granite chins as they haven't taken a lot of punishment until they faced her so it looks like she did nothing and judges ignore them as glancing blows or non-significant strikes. They are not.

a lot of silly answers of course, but just because we haven't seen it much in MMA doesn't mean people shouldn't try it. the striking in MMA still has a lot of evolving to do, so don't disregard it. Bas shows it here in this video

Jesus fucking christ...how in the hell can anyone get caught in a Boston crab...next we will have the claw finishing fights...I always knew stuff used in wrasslin ...like the sleeper, etc were real moves, but the Boston crab....really...I actually used the cobra clutch once. Didnt know how to put someone asleep then, I was like 13, but they couldn't get out. Also the figure 4 leg lock was effective lol. I was referring to the ufc, but damn my possibility to end it seems greater than be4...boston crab in mma...who woulda thunk it.
The guy that got caught was obviously wanting out because he was hurt or something. When he got slammed down it looked like he was done by the grimace. I wouldn't have thought anyone would have tried that as opposed to a RNC or something that's common. I wonder if dude was a wrasslin fan, or where he got the idea at the spur of the moment like that...unbelievable...the only thing that makes it reasonable I that the guy is obviously a lower tier guy on a lower tier card. The palm strikes and close line that bas was talking about would definitely work. And I bet we see it eventually. Then someone will piledriver someone and kill them...

Back