Why is MMA the only sport where newbies/scrubs train alongside the pros?

So you think you can join a pro gym and spar DC/Rockhold/Khabib?

You can't.

I guy fought mma with no arms or legs. Pretty sure that wouldn't happen in nfl either.
bork1}im legit laughing out loud hard remembering this fight. Fucking MMA LMFAO

Golf for an individual sport. Team sports have practice squads. Basically they are newbie scrubs but get paid.

Also its not MMA its combat sports.

Naw. You ever watch the Boston Marathon?

Elite athletes and weekend warriors COMPETING in the SAME RACE.

I troll thread that’s going to get a lot of idiots to come in and bash the sport the supposedly like. Great

Don't worry along with those idiot bashers there'd be a lot who'd also come to shit on TS for being subbed by a girl. lol.

regular sports arent even remotely similar to fight sports and comparing them is clownshoes.

I hear people say that but I disagree. Sure the UFC is a circus but MMA as such is a beautifull sport imo. Why is it not according to you? Honest question.

The UFC is the least circus of all the major orgs ever

So you think you can join a pro gym and spar DC/Rockhold/Khabib?

You can't.
According to Cerrone that's exactly what happens at Jackson Wink. Maybe not full on MMA spar but he at least said you could train with them and he specifically said you could roll with them. I don't remember if he said they did striking as well.

According to Cerrone that's exactly what happens at Jackson Wink. Maybe not full on MMA spar but he at least said you could train with them and he specifically said you could roll with them. I don't remember if he said they did striking as well.

Highly doubt thats the MO of most gyms.

Could you imagine if newbies and scrubs practiced alongside NFL players or NBA players? Why is it only in MMA?
Are you really comparing an individual sport to team sports?
MMA training is essentially just exercising. Boy that was tough.

Well the purpose of a gym is to make money and even to expand, so perhaps for some that means opening themselves up to all ages and skill levels.

That's why if go to a lot of these training facilities you'll find the owners and even some fighters there will be welcoming and encourage you to "come train with them". It's a business.

Cuz MMA fighters are F-level athletes, NBA and NFL are B-level, there's a giant gulf in athletic ability.

Because fighting is in the DNA

Also

Live opponents, even newbs, are better than a punching bag

referee-smiles-girl-beats-boy-wrestling.jpg

It’s getting better but all Sherdoggers will learn to not address the topic of this bums drive by troll posts. Either call him a pussy or make a reference to him getting beat up by a girl...or both

Most individual sports are like this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back