Why is MMA and Boxing more popular than Kickboxing?

there is take on mt in nyc and mt rules fights in atlanta. There are a couple disciples of shiny pants guys ( blake) or karate guy ( daniels ) but anyone from any major city comes from mt

No, keep in mind there is a show at Lumpini or Rajadamnern almost everyday. More shows means more fighters and that means more purses to be paid.

Most of these shows don't draw big crowds, and the crowd that does show up is mostly gamblers who pay just $20 a pop to get in.

That being said, when you add up all (340+) shows over a year the total attendance will be a sizable number.

so thats type of MT fans that watched MT live, shows up pay around $20 to earn money on their own. WOAAA Kickboxing is in big trouble BOI

if you look at its Glory or other Kickboxing event. they always have audience who pays good money and CMIIW some even had a table where they can order food or something ( don't quote me on this). although they rarely put event and don't have that much audience they still get more revenue.

im glad you bring up international MT anyway, Lion fight and WCK deserve more attention . which you guys MT "elitist" hate anyway. most of you people only praise MT in Thailand

so thats type of MT fans that watched MT live, shows up pay around $20 to earn money on their own. WOAAA Kickboxing is in big trouble BOI

if you look at its Glory or other Kickboxing event. they always have audience who pays good money and CMIIW some even had a table where they can order food or something ( don't quote me on this). although they rarely put event and don't have that much audience they still get more revenue.

340+ shows a year you dummy.

Of course Glory tickets are more expensive and they get bigger gates, they put on a measly 6 or 7 shows a year. Kickboxing is SO HUGE!

More revenue? Funny how every kickboxing organization that comes along eventually goes away, and usually quickly. Where does that revenue go? They fucking lose money every event. The cat piss stadiums and promoters must be doing something right considering they've been putting on fights for over a half century. Long after Glory and the next "worlds premier kickboxing" organization is gone, the cat piss stadiums will still be putting on shows everyday.

Lol at the tables. Always laughed my ass off when seeing those.

yea let me tell you something genius! every glory show in the usa they have had 2 for 1 tickets deals with tickets starting $55. so use your brain instead of just being ignorant. it is also around $100 for the ringside seats in bangkok for the bigger shows and they are not giving your bitch ass any 2 for 1 deals to not even sell out a 5k seater like glory. Glory has yet to put on a single event that has made even $1 but somehow you think they are making more which is just laughable

because you have another point of views and its become less one sided ?

Yeah right......
My comment had nothing to do with opinions. I think you and dastardly mass are horrible posters...

I'd be interested in knowing what Glory's gates have been for US shows.

My comment had nothing to do with opinions. I think you and dastardly mass are horrible posters...

god damn it! the fact that i can even be seen as on that dumb fucks level means i need to find somewhere new. They are always right when they say never argue with an idiot because the observers will not be able to tell you apart! And with that shitty cocksucking statement i am checking out for a while so i can ponder snubnoze's hatred of myself

Granted, you are more knowledgeable than him so that's a rough comparison. He comes off like he just got into this shit within the last year.

This KB vs MT shit has gotten so played out, though. You've been fueling a lot of this shit. Get it together...

Granted, you are more knowledgeable than him so that's a rough comparison. He comes off like he just got into this shit within the last year.

This KB vs MT shit has gotten so played out, though. You've been fueling a lot of this shit. Get it together...

somebody has too! but i will admit it has gotten a bit too much where every fucking thread turns into the exact same fucking stupid argument over and over. Atleast the shit i spew is for the most part accurate and true while all they can keep doing is running in circles. I just can't let the idiots think they have won but that has always been my downfall

Pem123 seems like that guy who is wondering when he'll get his fortune from the Nigerian Prince. Credulous, but quite harmless.

yea let me tell you something genius! every glory show in the usa they have had 2 for 1 tickets deals with tickets starting $55. so use your brain instead of just being ignorant. it is also around $100 for the ringside seats in bangkok for the bigger shows and they are not giving your bitch ass any 2 for 1 deals to not even sell out a 5k seater like glory. Glory has yet to put on a single event that has made even $1 but somehow you think they are making more which is just laughable

they are consider new, in any business if you can make money when you are sill new, you practically are that good, which Glory isn't

but the fact that everyone sure Glory is going to shut down is just wrong to me.

340+ shows a year you dummy.

Of course Glory tickets are more expensive and they get bigger gates, they put on a measly 6 or 7 shows a year. Kickboxing is SO HUGE!

More revenue? Funny how every kickboxing organization that comes along eventually goes away, and usually quickly. Where does that revenue go? They fucking lose money every event. The cat piss stadiums and promoters must be doing something right considering they've been putting on fights for over a half century. Long after Glory and the next "worlds premier kickboxing" organization is gone, the cat piss stadiums will still be putting on shows everyday.

Lol at the tables. Always laughed my ass off when seeing those.

"Most of these shows don't draw big crowds, and the crowd that does show up is mostly gamblers who pay just $20 a pop to get in. "

if MT pay so much why fighter like JWP, Nathan Corbett, Buakaw (and other Thai as well), move to Kickboxing, Marcus and Schilling also fought MT before

LOL Buakaw didn't move , he still fights in muay thai.

in conclusion

both MT and KB are awesome combat sports, i followed both almost equally, i respect both athlete competing on it, and both are legit sports with some high level athlete on it. but MT is a sports AND a culture, thats why its seems like it never goes down because its supported by entire culture and nation, Kickboxing doesn't have that advantage, but one advantage that they do have is, IMO they are internationally more digestible, thats why they are more shows internationally and i think based on my research KB is more recognized internationally and created org like K1 and Glory which are major org that i don't think any MT org can compete today.

Last edited:
in conclusion

both MT and KB are awesome combat sports, i followed both almost equally, i respect both athlete competing on it, and both are legit sports with some high level athlete on it. but MT is a sports AND a culture, thats why its seems like it never goes down because its supported by entire culture and nation, Kickboxing doesn't have that advantage, but one advantage that they do have is, IMO they are internationally more digestible, thats why they are more shows internationally and i think based on my research KB is more recognized internationally and created org like K1 and Glory which are major org that i don't think any MT org can compete today.

Who cares ?

Kickboxing annoys muay thai all the time because karate fighters/promoters know well that their art is shit and cannot sell.

in conclusion

This.

As a non-brazilian south american currently living in China; I would say that kickboxing has potential in many markets outside the US. China is all about standing fighting (quite some taekwoon, sanshou, karate gyms in here.) and most of my non-brazilian south american friends think that two dudes rubbing themselves in the floor is f一cking gay, so they don't watch MMA at all.

Back