Why is MMA and Boxing more popular than Kickboxing?

If someone's single paragraph fills up my IPhone 5 top to bottom that shit isn't getting read...

they even hated any MT that doesn't involve Thailand.

Brazil fighters didn't involve Thailand but they are muay thai. But every rubbish fighter from Japan or Dutch isn't. It's just a fake.

Brazil fighters didn't involve Thailand but they are muay thai. But every rubbish fighter from Japan or Dutch isn't. It's just a fake.

the most well known mt figher outside of thailand was Dutch

but I shouldn't take the bait because you are the real troll and very shitty at it

what the fuck are you babbling about? skagteboarding bigger in the us than kickboxing, so freaking what?

that's not a delegitimization....kickboxing is a sport and your reasons to say it isn't, are:

- k1 had two weight classes
- skateboarding is bigger in the us than kickboxing

wow, you make a strong case (not)

It's Showtime was legit, stupid. It sold out stadiums. It held events all over the place. The Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany, Russia etc etc etc. Clearly you are talking out of your ass by saying it was The Netherlands only. And even then there were other big orgs around in The Netherlands......

It's Showtime was the biggest org in Europe by far and by the end of K1's run, it was the biggest in the world and also held events in Brazil and such. God I have never come across a hater that gives such weak reasons to make a non-valid point.

About your last sentence: 2hot2handle was never as big as It's Showtime and it was a very different org. They still held some nice big events but they were almost events with both mma and kickboxing on it's cards. It was also run by a crook and I for one couldn't care less that they're gone.

You have nothing. Nothing.

account bet is on, December 2015/january 2016. Your account will be deleted (if you hold up to what you betted on)

Yes they moved around at the very end after k1 died because risk guys would put upo the money to have bard hari fight in front on them! All you are doing is using the exact same excuse all the sk fan boys scream that guys when they were coming up fought there!

Yes you can go back in retrospect and say they were big events but no one person in america had ever heard of it's showtime until k1 died outside of around the 10 people who are hardcore about kick fighting! And just like sk none of the guys would fight in it's showtime after making a name in k1 because the main event fighter would get like 30k! Simon is on recored saying a purse bigger than 50k for the main event is just not doable because of the logistics of there being no tv money or distribution.

Quit getting butt hurt because I state the truth! Just like I said not one of us here will say that skateboarding is a legit sport but somehow kb is when it is not near as popular in the north and south american continents combined! All it does is illustrate my point that you all are subjectively blind to the real world! MMA has only really been a sport since about 06-07. Even a champ in glory like bazooka joe has a day job and it is not because he wants to! But some how a champion in this "real sport" needs a day job like 3/4 of the guys under contract to glory doing personal training! No real sport has champions telling fat chicks too jog on a treadmill!

the most well known mt figher outside of thailand was Dutch

but I shouldn't take the bait because you are the real troll and very shitty at it

No, dutch fighter is karate and it's just a parasite of muay thai. LOL

I seriously don't get how you can root against a sport.
Dislike, alright i can get that, but want it to go down?
That's very pathetic imo.

This

your comment about Nidnoi LOL, made my day.

Yes they moved around at the very end after k1 died because risk guys would put upo the money to have bard hari fight in front on them! All you are doing is using the exact same excuse all the sk fan boys scream that guys when they were coming up fought there!

Yes you can go back in retrospect and say they were big events but no one person in america had ever heard of it's showtime until k1 died outside of around the 10 people who are hardcore about kick fighting! And just like sk none of the guys would fight in it's showtime after making a name in k1 because the main event fighter would get like 30k! Simon is on recored saying a purse bigger than 50k for the main event is just not doable because of the logistics of there being no tv money or distribution.

Quit getting butt hurt because I state the truth! Just like I said not one of us here will say that skateboarding is a legit sport but somehow kb is when it is not near as popular in the north and south american continents combined! All it does is illustrate my point that you all are subjectively blind to the real world! MMA has only really been a sport since about 06-07. Even a champ in glory like bazooka joe has a day job and it is not because he wants to! But some how a champion in this "real sport" needs a day job like 3/4 of the guys under contract to glory doing personal training! No real sport has champions telling fat chicks too jog on a treadmill!

if MT pay so much why fighter like JWP, Nathan Corbett, Buakaw (and other Thai as well), move to Kickboxing, Marcus and Schilling also fought MT before

if KB is not a real sport, what is MT. probably just some Traditional martial art that one nation keep alive, because its part of their culture ( <<<< i don't really believe that)

Just like I said not one of us here will say that skateboarding is a legit sport but somehow kb is when it is not near as popular in the north and south american continents combined!

Skateboarding is a legit sport.

You were wrong, again.

if MT pay so much why fighter like JWP, Nathan Corbett, Buakaw (and other Thai as well), move to Kickboxing, Marcus and Schilling also fought MT before

if KB is not a real sport, what is MT. probably just some Traditional martial art that one nation keep alive, because its part of their culture ( <<<< i don't really believe that)

I have never once claimed they could make more in mt for one fight than in kb genius! Truthfully you are actually right about something for once even thou you do not believe it. Mt is a real sport because of the organization of multiple stadiums to put on events and the regularity in the Scheduling of events and how it is view by the public! Especially now when the promoters are basically been declaring a state of emergency in mt at lumpinee and raja from the dwindling crowds but brock is too stupid to even bring that up. But at least in the one small country it is much more organized and treated like a real sport unlike kb anywhere out side of holland ( and that was 10 years ago also) that is! Just lumpinee and raja crowds for a year combined I can guarantee you double the amount of people watching your "international sport" in the venues all over the world combined!

speculations over speculations without ever throwing real sources and numbers into it.

I have never once claimed they could make more in mt for one fight than in kb genius! Truthfully you are actually right about something for once even thou you do not believe it. Mt is a real sport because of the organization of multiple stadiums to put on events and the regularity in the Scheduling of events and how it is view by the public! Especially now when the promoters are basically been declaring a state of emergency in mt at lumpinee and raja from the dwindling crowds but brock is too stupid to even bring that up. But at least in the one small country it is much more organized and treated like a real sport unlike kb anywhere out side of holland ( and that was 10 years ago also) that is! Just lumpinee and raja crowds for a year combined I can guarantee you double the amount of people watching your "international sport" in the venues all over the world combined!

wow are you sure about that.

wow are you sure about that.

I am probably over stating it by saying double but 100% for sure their attendance beats all of kb from just those 2 cat pee filled stadiums as brock would say. Also half the guys under glory contract were mt guys and with out mt kb would not half half the fighters avail be to it. Every weight class besides hw and lw were all dominated by mt fighters. There is no kb in america and has not been since the late 80's. In america it is mt or mma if you want a sport with kicking. There is not one single real kb promotion while in new york and southern california ( the only real fight scenes in usa) there is mt. Is like this in canada also where it is also mt. Yet some how kickboxing is this big "international sport". Muay thai is a sport while kick boxing is something fat chicks do to lose weight in america

Last edited:
I am probably over stating it by saying double but 100% for sure their attendance beats all of kb from just those 2 cat pee filled stadiums as brock would say. Also half the guys under glory contract were mt guys and with out mt kb would not half half the fighters avail be to it. Every weight class besides hw and lw were all dominated by mt fighters. There is no kb in america and has not been since the late 80's. In america it is mt or mma if you want a sport with kicking. There is not one single real kb promotion while in new york and southern california ( the only real fight scenes in usa) there is mt. Is like this in canada also where it is also mt. Yet some how kickboxing is this big "international sport". Muay thai is a sport while kick boxing is something fat chicks do to lose weight in america

......hmhpppp

if MT really have that much viewer they should be able to pay more, simple Law of demand.

you also using Coka logic, KB was meant to be clash between style, that was the origin of K1 is, just like MMA. there is Kickboxer with Karate, Taekwondo, Sanshou, MT background that doesn't meant anything

there is no American Kickboxer ? wow so what is Great American Kickboxer today, such as Blake, cooper, MO, Daniels mean to you

where is legit MT org beside WCK in north America ? if you look at the amateur scene, i think there will be more amateur Kickboxing than MT in USA as well.

Muay Thai is WAY bigger in California than Kickboxing...

Now that I think of it I can't really think of anywhere in the US that has a Kickboxing scene. All the bigger events outside of the Glory shows are Muay Thai.

america has never had a taste of real kickboxing

they had the wcl and way back they had pka....wich are fine in their own right

but I wouldn't mind if it got big in the states as well.....it starts out great...they have a tv deal

people are just bitching and hoping that glory goes down.....they won't....they are not the MPL run by crooks, not paying the fighters and going down before they even started

bastardlymass enjoy your account for the last 18 months...you're the expert that knows when glory is exit......

Glory shouldn't have stopped doing the Road To Glory shows...

......hmhpppp

if MT really have that much viewer they should be able to pay more, simple Law of demand.

No, keep in mind there is a show at Lumpini or Rajadamnern almost everyday. More shows means more fighters and that means more purses to be paid.

Most of these shows don't draw big crowds, and the crowd that does show up is mostly gamblers who pay just $20 a pop to get in.

That being said, when you add up all (340+) shows over a year the total attendance will be a sizable number.

Back