Why is it hard to stop PEDs?

1. if a pill or an injection made you better at your job, most people would take it.

2. most fans dont care that much- PEDs are in every sport, MMA just has a vocal minority of whiners.

3. a major crackdown WOULDNT JUST SUCK FOR A YEAR- THE FIGHT QUALITY WOULD NEVER RETURN TO THE SAME LEVEL.

4. NOONE CAN EXPLAIN ANY GOOD REASON THEY SHOULD BE ILLEGAL IN THE 1ST PLACE, EVER.

No passed test no pay. Seems simple enough.

And one failure results in all prior samples being retested with modern methods.

This, coupled with severe punishments for being caught in off-season testings would eliminate them almost completely.

1. if a pill or an injection made you better at your job, most people would take it.

2. most fans dont care that much- PEDs are in every sport, MMA just has a vocal minority of whiners.

3. a major crackdown WOULDNT JUST SUCK FOR A YEAR- THE FIGHT QUALITY WOULD NEVER RETURN TO THE SAME LEVEL.

4. NOONE CAN EXPLAIN ANY GOOD REASON THEY SHOULD BE ILLEGAL IN THE 1ST PLACE, EVER.

I dont to think its a good idea to make drugs a quasi mandatory requirement for athletic competition.

As to vocal minority imo its more of an educated majority who are against peds.

An athlete's #1 concern is winning.

#winning

#WINNING

What do PEDs help an athlete do?

#win

#WIN

It's that fucking simple.

A fighter that trains hard and does everything right is going to lose to a fighter that trains hard does 80% of the things right.

In many cases it's financially irresponsible for a professional fighter NOT to do PEDs.

its a mini game...can you cheat and get away with it and for how long....

If our government had a law in place that guarenteed an automatic death penalty for anyone breaking any law, then everyone would stop breaking any laws ever, right?

Biggest problem is the people making them. They are ahead of the testers. You can't test for something that hasn't been made yet. So right now, in a lab, some genius scientist is making a brand new formula that nobody has ever seen before, and that formula will get passed all of the tests that are in place. After it's been out there for a while, someone will figure out how to test for it, and when they do, there's gonna be another never seen before formula ready to take it's place.

I don't deny this in any way.

But if that's the case then why are Jon jones and Brock lesnar testing positive for clomid? That stuff has been around forever. And those 2 guys certainly have the money to buy the best, most advanced PED's out there but they're still taking clomid. So that would lead me to assume that these supposedly brilliant chemists haven't found a better way to recover from steroids just yet.

I'm sure there are a bunch of designer PED's that can't be tested for yet. but apparently the top athletes haven't completely veered away from anabolic steroids yet either. guess HGH and peptides aren't quite enough for them.

Why is piracy, crime, drugs so hard to stop?

Because motivated people always find a new way.

There would be a lot more legal action against usada, and people trying to poke holes in the validity of the tests, which I'm sure is something Usada doesn't want

I don't deny this in any way.

But if that's the case then why are Jon jones and Brock lesnar testing positive for clomid? That stuff has been around forever. And those 2 guys certainly have the money to buy the best, most advanced PED's out there but they're still taking clomid. So that would lead me to assume that these supposedly brilliant chemists haven't found a better way to recover from steroids just yet.

I'm sure there are a bunch of designer PED's that can't be tested for yet. but apparently the top athletes haven't completely veered away from anabolic steroids yet either. guess HGH and peptides aren't quite enough for them.
Yea I totally get what your saying. I guess I would assume that creating an untestable drug for muscle mass or whatever is easier than inventing the drug for getting your testosterone levels back to where they should be. So these guys have roids that can pass a test, but apparently they haven't yet invented the "bring your testosterone levels back to normal" drug that can pass a test.

Back