Why is it a Foreseen Conclusion?

yea, destroyed. He dominated him in the third and almost scored a finish. Nit pick my words all you want but Cowboy beating the hell out of Alveraz breaks all that mma math bs

conor beat Alvarez better than cowboy did. So that beats your bs

It's Cerrone's 4th fight in 8 months, & he's taken a ton of damage over the last 3 years starting with the Matt Brown fight.

His boxing is slow & predictable & he's always been susceptible to pressure & southpaws. Plus He was countered badly by Gaethje in his last fight.

But, at 170 his chin could hold up & by mid round 2 maybe he starts landing more. Some low-kicks & counter step-in knees to slow Conor& take away his energy, eventually finishing him with a headkick + g-n-p. He did go 5 rounds w/ Edwards not that long ago at 170.

That if Cowboy stands with Conor he's fucked. Why are people acting like Cowboy doesn't have elite striking? He put on a clinic against Al who is one of the best strikers in the division. Sometimes people land a big shot on him but it's not like he's washed up. He was fucking up Tony so it's not like he's not an elite striker.

It very well become Conor putting on a stand up clinic but people are acting like Cowboy needs to go out like a panic wrestler or he's got no chance.
Don't you mean a foregone conclusion?

I don't think Conor hits that hard at 170, and I think Cowboy has a better chin than anyone Conor has faced at 145, where his real punching power is. If Conor can't really hurt Cowboy, and if Cowboy grows a pair by Round 2, Conor could be in for a serious embarrassment.

That if Cowboy stands with Conor he's fucked. Why are people acting like Cowboy doesn't have elite striking? He put on a clinic against Al who is one of the best strikers in the division. Sometimes people land a big shot on him but it's not like he's washed up. He was fucking up Tony so it's not like he's not an elite striker.

It very well become Conor putting on a stand up clinic but people are acting like Cowboy needs to go out like a panic wrestler or he's got no chance.

he got ko'ed & tko'ed too many times, includng his last 2 and 6 out of his last 10, and is not getting younger

Conor took one of the best boxers in history into deep waters in his very first professional boxing match. How is this not a forgone conclusion.

- did I do it right?

The same Eddie Alveraz that Cowboy destroyed? Oh wait, that just clearly proves MMA math doesn't work and fighters grow

Destroyed? The fight was 29-28 and Cerrone spent the majority of the first round getting beaten on.

Destroyed? The fight was 29-28 and Cerrone spent the majority of the first round getting beaten on.
Hold up, let me rewatch it.
I do remember Cowboy laying an absolute beat down after Alveraz had his first round burst.

Hold up, let me rewatch it.
I do remember Cowboy laying an absolute beat down after Alveraz had his first round burst.

Round 1 was all Alvarez, not a 10-8 though, round 2 was close but a 10-9 for Cerrone then Cerrone had a similarly dominant round 3 to Alvarez' round 1 though no round was a 10-8.

Al who is one of the best strikers in the division.

Rogan tells that shit all the way, but that´s not the case.
I would say, that striking is Al´s best weapon. But that´s it.

And it would be my MMA moment of 2020 if Cowboy beats the shit out of Conrad. But the odds are clearly against him. And someone with an account from 2010 should know that for sure.

Round 1 was all Alvarez, not a 10-8 though, round 2 was close but a 10-9 for Cerrone then Cerrone had a similarly dominant round 3 to Alvarez' round 1 though no round was a 10-8.
Round 1 clear round for Eddie, he seemed to catch Cerrone off guard with his power and speed and even rocked him but Cerrone landed some solid strikes to start off.
round 2 Cerrone easily dictates the range and clinch.
round 3 i could see being a 10-8 (today's scoring) Cerrone lands big punches, a couple head kicks and a knock down with a leg kick (still a knock down). Alveraz threw a couple big shots but on landed jabs, straights and a short flurry of hooks in the clinch

I still stand by my claim Cerrone dominated. He was clearly the better fighter and dictated the fight.

Round 1 clear round for Eddie, he seemed to catch Cerrone off guard with his power and speed and even rocked him but Cerrone landed some solid strikes to start off.
round 2 Cerrone easily dictates the range and clinch.
round 3 i could see being a 10-8 (today's scoring) Cerrone lands big punches, a couple head kicks and a knock down with a leg kick (still a knock down). Alveraz threw a couple big shots but on landed jabs, straights and a short flurry of hooks in the clinch

I still stand by my claim Cerrone dominated. He was clearly the better fighter and dictated the fight.

He won the fight but he didn't dominate, if Eddie landed like 5 or so more significant strikes in round 2 he probably would have won rather than lost, that's not a domination, that's a close fight.

Cerrone did have the best round of the fight though.

Because Cowboy gets run over by every devastating southpaw striker he faces. Nate Diaz, RDA x2, Anthony Pettis, Darren Till who is similar to Conor.

He won the fight but he didn't dominate, if Eddie landed like 3-4 more significant strikes in round 2 he probably would have won rather than lost, that's not a domination, that's a close fight.
eeeeh I disagree with that Cerrone clearly won that round but maybe domination is too strong of a word.

Watching that fight it looked like Alveraz had a punchers chance at most and he almost capitalized.

eeeeh I disagree with that Cerrone clearly won that round but maybe domination is too strong of a word.

Watching that fight it looked like Alveraz had a punchers chance at most and he almost capitalized.

Eddie said he had an adrenaline dump after round 1 and I believe him due to the circumstances, it was his first ever UFC fight, he hurt Cerrone early which caused him to use a lot of energy going for the finish and he had not fought in a while and Cerrone was pretty busy at that time. I think if they had re-matched later Eddie would have won but I think it would still be a close fight.

Eddie said he had an adrenaline dump after round 1 and I believe him due to the circumstances, it was his first ever UFC fight, he hurt Cerrone early which caused him to use a lot of energy going for the finish and he had not fought in a while and Cerrone was pretty busy at that time. I think if they had re-matched later Eddie would have won but I think it would still be a close fight.
Even early Eddie didn't really show any skills for cutting range and getting on the inside against Cerrone. His freak athleticism was helping him out a bunch. If he slowed down the pace he gets chewed up from the outside.
But UFC jitters is a real thing and you got a fair point.

For years I've had to endure the torture of people on this board acting like Barboza would slaughter Conor in the standup, and now Cowboy, who floored Barboza before subbing him, suddenly doesn't have a prayer.

I think Cerrone is going to kick the shit out of Conor.

Or eat a left cross and get TKO'd. Who the hell knows.

Back