Why is Gustafsson training for Rumble in San Diego?

Moral Victory

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Is it because he feels that he's more of a threat than for example Manuwa?

or is it because Rumble has a certain wrestlingbase?

After all, they're fighting in Sweden.

What are your thoughts?

Isn't Alliance, his normal camp, located in San Diego? I think it is.

Because San Diego is in America. Ask yourself this TS: how many World Wars has Sweden won? How many times has Sweden put a man on the moon? How many Super Bowls has Sweden won?

/thread

Hot girls in bikinis, good enough for me. JK. I'd say training partners at Alliance

I googled your question and got the answer right away. Instead of destroying you about that I'll just tell you why because you're a white belt and I'm nice: Because Phil Davis is his training partner and fellow 205er (same weight, top-level fighters are crucial training partners for camps) and their camp is based out of San Diego.

There were posts on this a few months ago. He said he's training over there to tune his bodyclock because the fight will be at 6am in the morning in Sweden.

He's had a lot of camps at Team Alliance. This time not only do Phil Davis fight on the same card but they can just stay in American time when they arrive in Sweden as the fights are in the middle of the night.

Why do you need a reason? Alliance is one of the very best MMA gyms in the world. Maybe it's just that simple? Alex was asked this already by Karyn Bryant and he said because of the strong team of fighters that they have there. Instead of just training at his own gym in Sweden he's also putting time in with his boys in San Diego (Phil and co.), and he's already talked to Phil about what he should be prepared for going into this fight with Rumble. And that's mostly just his heavy hands, strength and explosiveness in general.

When was the last time you got a carne asada burrito at 2am in Sweden?

I rest my case.

Because San Diego is in America. Ask yourself this TS: how many World Wars has Sweden won? How many times has Sweden put a man on the moon? How many Super Bowls has Sweden won?

/thread

pfffft twit

His main gym is Allstars Training Center in Stockholm, and as i said, he don't always go to San Diego.

He has spent significant time at Alliance in San Diego. It's a dumb question to ask why he trains at the camp where he trains a lot of the time.

He's had a lot of camps at Team Alliance. This time not only do Phil Davis fight on the same card but they can just stay in American time when they arrive in Sweden as the fights are in the middle of the night.

Yeah, and i guess Phil will have some first hand info on how it is to fight Rumble ;)

He has spent significant time at Alliance in San Diego. It's a dumb question to ask why he trains at the camp where he trains a lot of the time.

Let me reverse the question for you then, why didn't he go there for the Manuwa fight?

Is it because he feels that he's more of a threat than for example Manuwa?

I doubt it. Johnson is very dangerous with his power but so is Manuwa, and Manuwa is quicker and imo even more explosive with his hands. Alex flew in two world-ranked Top 10 GLORY kickboxers to help him prep for Manuwa at his gym in Sweden (AllStars). He takes all of his fights as serious as a top professional would.

Back