Why is Funaki's second win over Shamrock not on fight finder?

Kforcer

Dragon Slayer
@Gold
Reaction score
Funaki beat Shamrock twice...once by choking him out and once by breaking his shin-bone with a leg-lock essentially...it was originally included in Funaki's record as a win by "injury"...but now it is erased...?

They are probably unsure if it was a work or not I guess..

Right. Although, considering Shamrock considers it to be the worst injury of his career, its probably not a work.

Kforcer said:
Right. Although, considering Shamrock considers it to be the worst injury of his career, its probably not a work.

and nobodys ever been injured in pro wrestling ......

John O'Brien said:
They are probably unsure if it was a work or not I guess..

That makes no sense as a reasonable explanation because there are many fights that remain that are widely speculated as works.

Funaki/Sham II has never been speculated as a work in large part because it WASN'T one.

Maybe I'm missing something....perhaps the injury occured between Shamrock-Funaki in training, and the Funaki-Shamrock fight where Funaki won by injury occurred in such a way that Sherdog thought they shouldn't include it...? :( :eek:

Who knows....of the four Funaki-Shamrock bouts, that's the one I haven't seen....so maybe when Shamrock talks about his worst injury coming at the hands of a Funaki shin-lock that broke his leg, perhaps he's talking about training and not the fight...?

If THAT is the case, then I wonder what actually happened in Funaki-Shamrock that led Sherdog not to record it.

Back