Why is Duck Hunt Dog in Smash?

to be fair, i think they only sold ~100 copies of that game. it was always paired with the systems (alongside gyromite and later smb, after nintendo killed ROB)

Yeah pretty much everybody who had an NES had Duck Hunt. I actually liked the Clay Pigeons mode better as a kid. My Dad and I used to play that together. This was the unit that I remember most kids having...

images

It even came with the power pad game...

-World-Class-Track-Meet

More like why is Byleth in smash? I don't even mind getting fire emblem characters but they could have used a character that is totally different looking and with different abilities. We didn't need another marth clone.

Hogan's Alley was better

Why did they choose the Duck Hunt Dog? Why did they waste a roster spot on a character from some shitty game no one remembers?

Mods should ban TS for this one. No one remembers Duck Hunt? I never even played it and I remember it.

I'm all for classic Nintendo characters. I hope characters like Balloon Fighter and ExciteBike eventually make it as playable in a Smash game.

If you wanna be down with Fire Emblem, fuck you too. Chino XL, fuck you too.

More like why is Byleth in smash? I don't even mind getting fire emblem characters but they could have used a character that is totally different looking and with different abilities. We didn't need another marth clone.

Byleth actually plays super well and is definitely not another Marth or Ike/Roy. Three Houses is the best selling Fire Emblem game so it makes sense in that respect, it's just a shame that Chrom and Lucina have crowded the field (Robin and Corrin at least are different in terms of moveset and visuals, though Corrin is the less necessary of the two; Marth, Roy, and Ike are classic Smash characters, two coming from Melee and one from Brawl, though Ike is almost a Roy clone). Just a case of bad timing really.

Duck Hunt also inspired probably the best VR horror game.

Yeah pretty much everybody who had an NES had Duck Hunt. I actually liked the Clay Pigeons mode better as a kid.
Clay pidgeons were cool, but I liked Duck Hunt because a second player could control the duck.

Mods should ban TS for this one. No one remembers Duck Hunt? I never even played it and I remember it.

At least bitch smack him back to white belt.

Byleth actually plays super well and is definitely not another Marth or Ike/Roy. Three Houses is the best selling Fire Emblem game so it makes sense in that respect, it's just a shame that Chrom and Lucina have crowded the field (Robin and Corrin at least are different in terms of moveset and visuals, though Corrin is the less necessary of the two; Marth, Roy, and Ike are classic Smash characters, two coming from Melee and one from Brawl, though Ike is almost a Roy clone). Just a case of bad timing really.

Honestly Byleth is a good FE rep. Chrom, Robin and Corrin probably ALL didn't need to be in. Especially since Chrom/Robin/Lucina all come from the same title. Lucina probably should have just been a Marth skin.

Roy and Ike also probably don't really need to be in but Roy has Smash history on his side and Ike is popular and at least is featured in two Fire Emblem games.

Back