Why is Cejudo talking TJ? DJ beats him comfortably in a rematch

Unless he rolls his ankle again in a rematch... his striking would be much better and he'd be able to react to those leg kicks better. Take downs would have been better setup.

You don't beat such a long-reigning champ in such a controversial split decision, where you did 0 damage in the fight and immediately call out the champ in a weight-class above you.

There are a bunch of bantamweight contenders that have earned their shot next but would also wipe the floor with Cejudo.

There's a horde of reasons why Cejudo deserves nothing but immediate rematch from DJ.
As I said, DJ wins the rematch comfortably, but the damage is already done. Streak already lost from a bad split decision.
Except the UFC won’t give a shit about any of that, they’ll look at what more fans will want, and 95% of us don’t care for another MM trilogy and would rather see the superfight.

That is why I never bought in to this "evolved Mouse....Greatest fighter ever! By far!". He simply fought tomato cans and looked great being the hammer. When he is the nail, everything changes. Cejudo was the first modern elite semi matured fighter that he fought, and he got his ass whupped, taken down at will, broken foot, f'd acl and the most damage he did was when Cejudo rolled his ankle! Cejudo literally beat him on one leg, that is how over rated the duck is.

You're describing a fight I didnt see. MM did enough to win the fight.

Just watched the fight, thought DJ won.

Expected sherdog to be talking about a bad decision....?

<{vega}>

I like MM and all, but it would be absolutely hilarious if the UFC ends up booking Cejudo-TJ and pays Cejudo a shit-ton of money for the fight.

Could it be because Henry wants to be popular with fans and earn $$$?

Just watched the fight, thought DJ won.

Expected sherdog to be talking about a bad decision....?

<{vega}>
Ha, see you double posted too. Something has been going on with this site today. I have put up multiple double posts. It's like there is a serious lag.

RE fight: it was close. I had it for Cejudo owing to the take downs. The first round ankle roll made it seem like he was out of it, and obviously Rogan shlobs DJ's knob harder than any fighter on the roster, but it was like a good ole fashion Randy fight, where the fight is so close and decided by the smallest things like flash takedowns and cage control.

I rag on Mighty Duck but the guy is an incredible fighter. It's cray cray to think he is hear 40 and moves that quickly.

He knows what’s more interesting and wants to capitalize on his opportunity.

I mean, he challenged TJ to fight for the 135 title. Doesn't mean DJ doesn't get the first crack at the 125 title like he should. However, the first match to make is the superfight for the 135 title for the precise reason that DJ is the favorite to win it back, and he's ducking TJ when he's offering to come down to 125, let alone moving up to 135. UFC should do this fight because it's an opportunity they might not have again.

Because this is the fucking circus Dana White has created ..... and he should know better LOL. He isnt getting a fight with TJ and anyone who believes that is smoking fucking crack. He isnt a draw, and Dana white would never book that fight. NEVER.
nobody is a draw in the Ufc but Conor

With that said, if the ufc takes their product seriously they have to book the rematch. I know their dont care about belt legitimacy anymore but they should start before it's too late.
Giving title fights to guys coming off of losses does nothing to enhance belt legitimacy. Immediate rematches are usually the most unserious matchmaking. The champ lost and there were no peculiar circumstances that needed addressed. To be the champ you have to beat the champ. The UFC has been stupid to try to change that to "to be the champ you need to beat the champ twice running".

You don't beat such a long-reigning champ in such a controversial split decision, where you did 0 damage in the fight and immediately call out the champ in a weight-class above you.

There are a bunch of bantamweight contenders that have earned their shot next but would also wipe the floor with Cejudo.

There's a horde of reasons why Cejudo deserves nothing but immediate rematch from DJ.
As I said, DJ wins the rematch comfortably, but the damage is already done. Streak already lost from a bad split decision.
You already answered the question.
Cejudo problaby doesn't like his chances in a rematch. Why not try and move up and fight TJ for more money.

Why the fuck is everybody posting the same post twice?

You already answered the question.
Cejudo problaby doesn't like his chances in a rematch. Why not try and move up and fight TJ for more money.
DJ was running away from that fight, im liking Cejudo already.
DJ was fighting no to lose. So, he loss.

Back