Why is Cejudo talking TJ? DJ beats him comfortably in a rematch

elcj

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
You don't beat such a long-reigning champ in such a controversial split decision, where you did 0 damage in the fight and immediately call out the champ in a weight-class above you.

There are a bunch of bantamweight contenders that have earned their shot next but would also wipe the floor with Cejudo.

There's a horde of reasons why Cejudo deserves nothing but immediate rematch from DJ.
As I said, DJ wins the rematch comfortably, but the damage is already done. Streak already lost from a bad split decision.

Because this is the fucking circus Dana White has created ..... and he should know better LOL. He isnt getting a fight with TJ and anyone who believes that is smoking fucking crack. He isnt a draw, and Dana white would never book that fight. NEVER.

Because this is the fucking circus Dana White has created ..... and he should know better LOL. He isnt getting a fight with TJ and anyone who believes that is smoking fucking crack. He isnt a draw, and Dana white would never book that fight. NEVER.

Because money

MM is done. Ducks get their comeuppance and go on a losing streak like Bisping.

agree it's bullshit TJ didn't get an immediate rematch vs cruz after I thought he won should of been a draw. Then Cody gets KO'ed get an immediate rematch. Now Cejudo squeaks by a win and DJ gets no immediate rematch that's BS

He shocked the world. He sees a money fight. And who else is there other than DJ 3?

Borg? -- coming off a loss to DJ and 2-2 in his last 4.
Benavidez? -- probably the only matchup other than DJ that makes sense at flyweight but Benavidez just lost to pettis, he isn't deserving even if he took a split decision from cejudo.
Pettis? -- just lost decisively to Cejudo.

I like the call out. And here is the other thing, this is his job. There is no fight that can compare to the money he will make against TJ except a rematch against DJ AFTER he beats TJ. The TJ fight disappears if he loses to DJ but the DJ fight is still there win or lose.

yes he would. I dont know if he will but he would. cejudo asked for it which makes him marketable and tj accepted it. its branding and marketing.

mm was comfortable beating people he already beat and refusing to move up unless he got paid more and turned down fights where the champ would move down to fight him. hes not marketable or very likeable from a business stand point.

cejudo said lets do this without talking about a dollar.

yes he would. I dont know if he will but he would. cejudo asked for it which makes him marketable and tj accepted it. its branding and marketing.

mm was comfortable beating people he already beat and refusing to move up unless he got paid more and turned down fights where the champ would move down to fight him. hes not marketable or very likeable from a business stand point.

cejudo said lets do this without talking about a dollar.

Mighty Mouse should absolutely get his rematch. I don't think it's a given that he wins though.

He said that out of the TJvDJ drama. Plus its a money fight why not? A champ thats willing to move up and fight at 135.... im liking him better than DJ already.

The call out is great I like it. It's not up to Henry to 'do the right thing' it's up to him to get the best fights for the most money. He probably doesnt think he beats DJ again, and even if he loses to tj he has the built in size excuse and bigger pay day

With that said, if the ufc takes their product seriously they have to book the rematch. I know their dont care about belt legitimacy anymore but they should start before it's too late. Same thing with Conor I can't stand him but he totally should have done the floyd fight instead of defending it's up to the company to maintain the integrity of divisions n belts and it's up to the consumer to demand it

Dj should thank Cejudo for saving him from a royal ass beating from TJ.

Normally you'd be correct, but DJ pissed everybody off by being a duck, so now Cejudo gets to fight TJ for a big payday, then DJ can have his rematch.

Normally you'd be correct, but DJ pissed everybody off by being a duck, so now Cejudo gets to fight TJ for a big payday, then DJ can have his rematch.

I don't think anyone at 125 is making big money, even with "big money" fights, but Mighty Mouse taught the fighters you gotta strike when the iron is hot.

From a merit/competitive standpoint, it's obviously ridiculous, but credit to the guy for trying to make moves.

Henry and DJ ought to run it back. The fight was close enough to warrant it. Besides, TJ should be fighting Moraes or Assuncao next.

Dj loses in a rematch.. when I saw him in between rounds , when he realized cejudo was a lot stronger = you could see it got into his head quite a bit.. I was actually kind of surprised to see that in dj’s face. In a rematch, I believe that will be stuck on his mind and cejudo would win again

It’s a smart marketing move considering DJ resisted the idea.

Because he has the balls to do what Mouse was too scared to do! Fuck Mouse, fuck his rematch and fuck his fans!

Of course Cejudo would move up and fight TJ. He is already the same size.

Manlet detected.

0 damage? Cejudo gave him the destruction and broke his foot and knee. Time or Mighty Duck to get to the back of the line or to Japan.

DJ was running away from that fight, im liking Cejudo already.

Dj loses in a rematch.. when I saw him in between rounds , when he realized cejudo was a lot stronger = you could see it got into his head quite a bit.. I was actually kind of surprised to see that in dj’s face. In a rematch, I believe that will be stuck on his mind and cejudo would win again
That is why I never bought in to this "evolved Mouse....Greatest fighter ever! By far!". He simply fought tomato cans and looked great being the hammer. When he is the nail, everything changes. Cejudo was the first modern elite semi matured fighter that he fought, and he got his ass whupped, taken down at will, broken foot, f'd acl and the most damage he did was when Cejudo rolled his ankle! Cejudo literally beat him on one leg, that is how over rated the duck is.

Back