Why is Cejudo so underrated?

having a debatable win over #1 p4p means you’re one of the best p4p, period

Really?

Matt-Hamill-2.jpg

125ers usually are, like if they would be that much smaller than the next weight class up. Hope he pulls the win, division folds and he ends up as the next in line for a shot at 135 lol, the fight that should be in the first place.

He barely earned his first title shot even by terrible FLW standards IMHO and really got rushed to it because he had the gold medal. Since then, he has improved tremendously... but really, his resume is still pretty weak other than the win over Demetrius (which itself was by split decision). If he continues racking up wins at BW, he will get more respect IMO

KO'd stiff?

You obviously never watched the fight.

That was a horrible stoppage, TJ was no near "ko'd stiff".

5UpC9W2.gif

That may be.

But you gotta admit that Herb Dean looks like an elementary school recess proctor, breaking up a fight between 2 boys in the 5th grade.

His signature win is a close fight with MM, who is also grossly underrated (on this forum).

Whatever, he got dropped twice easily and was getting wailed on. You wanted to see him get killed ? He only grabbed dodsons leg after herb had physically restrained him

At no point was TJ close to being "killed"

I'm Canadian so I don't have ESPN +, so i'm not sure if it has the complete UFC catalog.

But I know Fight Pass still does. Maybe you should sign up. $9.99 great value for the money.

main-qimg-39ae2acde8efcbc1af15a42ccaf5d5f8

Every time he fights good competition, people talk like he's going to get railroaded. Yet 5 years into the sport and he only has a single convincing loss. A loss against the GOAT of his division and one that he's already avenged.

Olympic Gold Medalist, 125Lb king, he is Henry Cejudo. And to quote another olympic champion, you need to catch him now because he's only getting better. 5 days from now the head of the snake is going up in my mans trophy room in beautiful mexico city .

henry-cejudo-belt.jpg

Because when he got a hurt Johnson down, he laid on him and did nothing. He definitely won the fight, but it was boring and MM was hurt... I like his personality from what I've seen but he's a far cry from exciting in most of his fights

Okay....

I wanna agree with everything you said until the beating tj part. I do think Henry Cejudo is an Excellent fighter with a very bright career ahead of him and he's already in the conversation for top 3 all time FLW. I remember him being talk about a lot before his debut fight. But while praising Cejudo, let's make sure not to downplay TJ Dillashaw.

TJ Dillashaw IS arguably the goat of his division. he has only 1 convicining loss early in his career and his other losses were in incredibly close fights. Since the very narrow loss to cruz, he has come back and fought all the toughest opponents available before reclaiming his belt in dominant fashion.

Cejudo is great but TJ is great too they are both young and on the way up.

Enjoy the fight.

I'm Canadian so I don't have ESPN +, so i'm not sure if it has the complete UFC catalog.

But I know Fight Pass still does. Maybe you should sign up. $9.99 great value for the money.

Why do you hate TJ? Did you want him to be unconscious before herb stepped in ?

you sound poor.

<Gordonhat>

A lot of it is the MM fanbase not wanting to give him respect even after defeating their anatidae god.

Back