• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why is Average IQ So Much Higher in Blue States Than Red?

a1614_thumb_large_370.jpg

IQ does not truly measure intelligence the way people thinks it does. You can significantly improve your IQ score with a bit of practice.

It is a myth that IQ scores somehow measure intelligence in a way that is completely disconnected from personal experience and education, both of which are largely influenced by socioeconomic status.

/thread

Right wingers are less educated and conservatism naturally attracts more stupid people.

That being said, this is probably more due to lack of education

Right wingers are less educated and conservatism naturally attracts more stupid people.

Republicans continue to cut public school funding so red states being less educated makes sense.

Yes the Republicans dominate the low IQ states in 2016 but in 1975 the Democrats dominated in the low IQ states especially in the south.

I think it is because the I.Q. test is culturally biased and geared more towards the blue state culture. It doesn't make one group superior in intelligence- only different. For example, how many people from the blue states can run a trotline? How many can make there own shine?
This. If there was some kind of huge economic meltdown, invasion, or wide spread disease. I know red states will be better off, the blue states will more likely fade away quicker, by starving, losing their minds, and surrendering without a fight.

At least people in red states realize there are only two genders.

So you have a link for this?

And by educated you mean less likely to to have a liberal arts dgree of some type.

Most of the engineers I know are conservative.

This. If there was some kind of huge economic meltdown, invasion, or wide spread disease. I know red states will be better off, the blue states will more likely fade away quicker, by starving, losing their minds, and surrendering without a fight.

Nah, they could write a program to feed themselves.

All these leaches of society, working in service industries and living in their cities, would of course be the first to die off.

The South is the cold sore on the lip of the western world.

Nah, they could write a program to feed themselves.

All these leaches of society, working in service industries and living in their cities, would of course be the first to die off.

So when an advanced society falls apart the more advanced and specialized people suffer the most. But when the dust settles, you need those people again to have anything that resembles civilization

Dumb people are more likely to believe there are 61 genders.

Both sides have their morons and the intelligent people on both sides tend to gravitate more towards the middle. But the conservatives fought a massive civil war to keep slaves.

So when an advanced society falls apart the more advanced and specialized people suffer the most. But when the dust settles, you need those people again to have anything that resembles civilization

"more advanced and specialized" What do you mean by that exactly?

Specialized... like an expert in a certain field? If that is what you mean, well... his field may not exist or may be of very little importance after a fall of society.

Also, most rural people feel that those "advanced" individuals would be the downfall of a rural society. There's a reason why people avoid cities.

I may have misunderstood you though.

Both sides have their morons and the intelligent people on both sides tend to gravitate more towards the middle. But the conservatives fought a massive civil war to keep slaves.
Unlike Muslims, we have evolved over the past 100+ years.

"more advanced and specialized" What do you mean by that exactly?

Specialized... like an expert in a certain field? If that is what you mean, well... his field may not exist or may be of very little importance after a fall of society.

Also, most rural people feel that those "advanced" individuals would be the downfall of a rural society. There's a reason why people avoid cities.

I may have misunderstood you though.

I mean that once the society has collapsed, we have no need for great artists or astrophysicists or molecular biologists in the near term. Even though those people are generally very intelligent.

But if you want to rebuild and have a world where you are not dying of the flu, you need those people. Agricultural and hunter gatherer societies are shit and suck. Societies should always move off that as soon as they can.

Back