why I'm a feminist

Ugh, stopped at 3:26, because this guy is more annoying than the music he whines about. If you don't see or want to see the difference between breastfeeding and masturbating or don't understand that the choice of having a baby is not something you can completely hold a woman responsible for, you're simply not that smart and coincidentally very annoying.

Last edited:
Now that I'm listening to it most of his counter arguments are almost as bad as the points he's challenging.

So far the worst is his rebuttal to the comment about breasts and validity of opinions. He calls her argument a straw man by using a straw man himself. Shit, now I need to go back and see if this is intentional and meant to be funny.

Ugh, stopped at 3:26, because this guy is more annoying than the music he whines about. If you don't see or want to see the difference between breastfeeding and masturbating or don't understands that the choice of having a baby is not something you can completely hold a woman responsible for, you're simple not that smart and coincidentally very annoying.

don't be hard on him. the guy obviously hasn't smelled a woman closer than 50m from him

Now that I'm listening to it most of his counter arguments are almost as bad as the points he's challenging.

I am more amazed that she whines about how women are sexualize in video games, but then complains that she can't where sexy outfits in school. A major contradiction.

hey, the onus is on you to inspire us to watch a 17 minute video about feminism. dont blame him for your poor thread construction.
Poor thread construction wad intended, but whatever...

I am more amazed that she whines about how women are sexualize in video games, but then complains that she can't where sexy outfits in school. A major contradiction.

How do her bad arguments excuse his?

It's a rebuttal video, the burden on him is to demonstrate her mistakes, not repeat them.

That's not a contradiction at all. Understanding that the representation of women in video games is objectifying and juvenile doesn't mean that you therefore want to dress conservatively or have your manner of dress legislated by a third party. Similarly, a black person could complain about black people being represented as loving rap music while enjoying rap music himself, and there would be no hypocrisy involved. I don't think you understand the basic tenants of feminism.

don't be hard on him. the guy obviously hasn't smelled a woman closer than 50m from him

Lol, and that is almost solely deductible by the sound of his voice. :icon_lol:

A feminist believes three things.

A.) Men and women are fundamentally equal and should be treated as equals.

B.) Currently, men and women are not treated as equals in society (even though there are laws saying that they should be).

C.) Something should be done to encourage change so that equality between the sexes can be achieved and maintained.

It's that simple.

You're the Sherdog idiot of the day. Congratulations!

Your comment is unfair. You want us to watch a 17 minute video so the responsibility is on you to provide some kind of motivation for us to dedicate our time to the video you posted.

Why should I watch the video you posted when there are a million other videos I could be watching? You need to provide some kind of hook that will capture our interest and give us a reason to watch your video.

What a White Knight thing to say.

Stop white knighting some loser who has nothing better to do with his overprivileged life than attempt to pick apart a random girl's videos with logical fallacies.

Why I hate feminism: Because they want to be treated as equals, with stipulations.

What a White Knight thing to say.

haha I'm drunk right now bro, it's 23:00 here. I couldn't care less about what you say. but even with 4 litres of beer on me I can think of better rebuttals than "white knight" shit

Another example of his poor reasoning and/or blatant misrepresentation of her argument is the one about men in relationships with abusive women and society siding with the woman.

He erroneously calls it an argument against feminism because he doesn't understand the point she's making. She's trying to highlight that the male patriarchal society sides with the woman because it is assumed that the man should be able to deal with an abusive woman based on assumptions about strength, toughness, etc. Which is true. Men get screwed in these types on things because of stereotypes regarding the extent to which women can actually harm men.

He dismisses her entire argument by assigning the wrong reasoning to the core complaint coupled with a misunderstanding of feminism as seeking equality of the sexes. I've seen the original video before and the woman is annoying but here he's just wrong on multiple levels about the basics of the issues.

Why I hate feminism: Because they want to be treated as equals, with stipulations.

Or as I like to say.. want to be treated like men, but have all the advantages of being a woman too.

Tom Robbins put it best... "women who hate men, become one"

Back