why I'm a feminist

Not watching the video but I have nothing but contempt for feminists or masculinists(if these exist). Gender equality isn't going to be achieved by choosing sides and advocating for the rights of one and not the other. The only way to move forward on this issue is for it to become a non issue, as long as there are jerkoffs for and against there will be no resolution.

I think the idea is broken. I am all for women feeling proud to be women but they take it overboard.

Or as I like to say.. want to be treated like men, but have all the advantages of being a woman too.

Tom Robbins put it best... "women who hate men, become one"

Well put. I don't understand it at all, maybe because it's idiotic to begin with.

A feminist believes three things.

A.) Men and women are fundamentally equal and should be treated as equals.

B.) Currently, men and women are not treated as equals in society (even though there are laws saying that they should be).

C.) Something should be done to encourage change so that equality between the sexes can be achieved and maintained.

It's that simple.

That is being a Equalists, not a Feminist

However, it's never that simple. People like to believe the world is black and white. It's not.
How would you feel that your son died in the Marine core because the female Navy coreman was too weak to carry his body to a location safe enough for medical rescue care?
The Navy is only choosing or had beem choosing male sailors for this rate. Do you want that to change?Are you going to put Marines at risk for the sake of keeping a group of people happy?

jesus dude I ain't got 17 minutes just lying around so I can watch your shitbag video

Another example of his poor reasoning and/or blatant misrepresentation of her argument is the one about men in relationships with abusive women and society siding with the woman.

He erroneously calls it an argument against feminism because he doesn't understand the point she's making. She's trying to highlight that the male patriarchal society sides with the woman because it is assumed that the man should be able to deal with an abusive woman based on assumptions about strength, toughness, etc. Which is true. Men get screwed in these types on things because of stereotypes regarding the extent to which women can actually harm men.

He dismisses her entire argument by assigning the wrong reasoning to the core complaint coupled with a misunderstanding of feminism as seeking equality of the sexes. I've seen the original video before and the woman is annoying but here he's just wrong on multiple levels about the basics of the issues.

A lot of people that "hate" feminism because of things like men who are abused not being protected don't seem to understand this point. Feminism wants to dismantle patriarchal norms about masculinity and strength, which means that feminists want to empower those men to be able to acknowledge that they are being abused and wants society to accept that men are not always stronger than women.

Similarly, "male rights" activists often talk about how men are burdened with things like defending the nation in armed service, and therefore more men are killed by violence and warfare. Again, this isn't an argument against feminism, because a feminist would agree that that disparity is unfair and would seek to correct it. In short, equality isn't just about giving women things they've been denied,its also about empowering men to escape gender expectations which are unfair and demeaning to them.

But because many people don't actually read feminist literature, they misconstrue feminism as being about something else entirely. It's annoying to have to discuss these issues with such people. I'm sure Sherdog is full of them.

B.) Currently, men and women are not treated as equals in society (even though there are laws saying that they should be).

C.) Something should be done to encourage change so that equality between the sexes can be achieved and maintained.

It's that simple.

A beautiful theory but the facts are against you. Even the term 'feminist' is inherently divisive, there goes the whole equality angle.

However, it's never that simple. People like to believe the world is black and white. It's not.
How would you feel that your son died in the Marine core because the female Navy coreman was too weak to carry his body to a location safe enough for medical rescue care?
The Navy is only choosing or had beem choosing male sailors for this rate. Do you want that to change?Are you going to put Marines at risk for the sake of keeping a group of people happy?

Being a feminist is more about females being unable to accept their own pre-disposed biology than it is about hating men. Seems more like self hatred to me.

And this thing about adopting feminism means misandry.

The core of feminism goes hand in hand with hating/disliking men? At this point he's a moron. Believing that women are being unfairly treated by society doesn't include a dislike for men. At it's core feminism is about balancing male and female society.

That feeling discriminated against can only exist by first hating the person doing the discriminating. It's logically unsound.

It's that simple.

Actually, its not that simple. The world of feminism is very diverse, complex, and in some cases damaging. There are many women who call themselves feminists who all have different views as to what feminism is. Some are more extreme than others. That is why there is a lot of division and disagreement among feminists and what feminism should be. It seems like the feminist extremists are winning the ideological war at the moment.

There is also a hierarchy of intersectional oppression in feminism. What that means is the more oppressed you are from the different sources of oppression the more credibility you have in feminist circles. This means that a "black women" is more oppressed than a "white woman" but since a "lesbian Chicana woman" is subjected to three layers of oppression she has more credibility to the things she claims than the other two groups. In many ways feminism has devolved into a competition of who is the most oppressed.

Identity politics causes a lot of problems that I won't get into here but I will say that feminism causes social divisions and reverse discrimination. What we need is a human rights approach where people are seen as individual human beings instead of being grouped by their sex, culture or race.

Societies should grant rights to individuals and judge them fairly by their abilities instead of granting special privileges based on the "group" they claim to identify with.

Can someone please explain to me why there's a dragon in the first few second? Is it explained in the video?

I'm a PhD student in English lit. and have studied feminist theory at the graduate level and taught feminist theory to undergrads. Please don't try and tell me what feminism is. I doubt you've even read a single feminist text in your life dude.

In that case the barometer for ability is strength, not sex or gender. If a woman proves to be sufficiently strong to carry a person, which is easy enough to measure, then they are strong enough to perform the activity you have described. Similarly, if a man wasn't strong enough to carry a body should he still be allowed to do that job because he's a man? Of course not. The question should be "can you carry a body?" Not, "do you have a penis."

This is sooooooo obvious. I get a strong sense that i'm wasting my time having this conversation.

Uh oh, we got the philosophers in here to muddy up the waters.

"actually feminism has a million dimensions"

No shit. Every dimension just as retarded as the next one.

I actually listened to whole clip just see how it ended and even that background music would not deter me from my quest of finishing the video.

It's that simple.

Is this you?

Toq6vFR.jpg

I'm a PhD student in English lit. and have studied feminist theory at the graduate level and taught feminist theory to undergrads. Please don't try and tell me what feminism is. I doubt you've even read a single feminist text in your life dude.

In that case the barometer for ability is strength, not sex or gender. If a woman proves to be sufficiently strong to carry a person, which is easy enough to measure, then they are strong enough to perform the activity you have described. Similarly, if a man wasn't strong enough to carry a body should he still be allowed to do that job because he's a man? Of course not. The question should be "can you carry a body?" Not, "do you have a penis."

This is sooooooo obvious. I get a strong sense that i'm wasting my time having this conversation.

Ok, then I guess we should mix in the genders in MMA. Because I'm sure I am the one who isn't being honest with myself for the sake of being politically correct.

Last edited:
And this thing about adopting feminism means misandry.

The core of feminism goes hand in hand with hating/disliking men? At this point he's a moron. Believing that women are being unfairly treated by society doesn't include a dislike for men. At it's core feminism is about balancing male and female society.

That feeling discriminated against can only exist by first hating the person doing the discriminating. It's logically unsound.

Some do hate/dislike men for sure.

The big problem is that there is a lot of hypocrisy when it comes to feminism. Look no further than Naomi Wolfe or Gloria Steinem for those examples. Some people like them love to twist facts for their own agenda. Contrast those two with the belief system of Phyllis Schlafly or Laura Ingraham.

It's okay to accept that men and women are different, embrace it and appreciate that the differences are what makes us equal in all reality.

I actually listened to whole clip just see how it ended and even that background music would not deter me from my quest of finishing the video.

Ahem, the dragon? Did your quest reveal the significance of the dragon?

Back