Why I think Conor McGregor is probably overrated.

Reaction score
Why conor is overrated. He looks the part but if you study who he is doing it against and how those fighters faired against fighters that conor hasn't fought yet, you will see why conor is overrated by nuthuggers.
Conor's recent wins
Eddie- Got dominated by cowboy, beaten twice by Chandler imo, barely squeaked by pettis and Melendez
Nate- Colin was saved by the bell in round 3., nate was dominated by Bendo and pre usada RDA
Aldo- Barely squeaked by Mendes in there 2nd fi. was coming off 1+ year layoff, recently got finished by Holloway

Mendes- Chad took a wrestlers chance for a big paycheck on 2 weeks notice. he isn't a diaz, no way was he in shape for that fight, That was also one of Mendes first fights under Usada and his slow style played into conors hands. still he gave conor a hell of a fight despite all of that.

Siver- Ugh a gatekeeper, tough roided guy. has lost to numerous hohum ufc fighters.
Poirier- His win resume is mostly b's and c's. has been defeated by swanson jung and Johnson.
Holloway- Max was so so youngster. a completely different fighter without fucking question.
Brimage- a natural BW who is a can

Didn't really beat any notable fighters pre ufc. only real challenging fight was when he was literally raped by Joe Duffy, albeit a long ass time ago.

Last edited:
Why I don't care about your thread...shit poster

Any more reasons that you can pull out of your ass?

I agree with you. He really only has two top-tier wins--Aldo and Alvarez. There are quite a few fighters who have many more elite wins than him. His level of overratedness is second only to Ronda's back in the "once in human history" era.

Any more reasons that you can pull out of your ass?
me and Renato Sobral have one thing in common. we are both fucking assholes.

"Boooooooooooo Fuck Me Bitch, Fuck Me, Boooooooooo, I am a fucking asshole"

Last edited:
Lets not kid ourselves. If Conor really thought he was the best lightweight on the planet then he wouldn't waste his time getting his ass worked by Mayweather. I understand the money, but think it through guys. Conor is just sitting pretty as is Bisping. They know the sharks are in the water so they will stay in the boat with there belts as long as Dana lets them. Conor is a huge cash cow everywhere while Bisping is a cash cow and pioneer for the UK fans

You can always argue against pretty much anything. While some of your arguments are valid, one can also say that aldo was undefeated for 10 years and that the last person who beat holloway in his last 12 fights was conor.

Is conor overated? Probably. This does not mean he is not a great fighter though. Definitely among the greatest FWs and LWs.

52335149.jpg

Sure, alvarez lost before. But no one, absolutely NO ONE, schooled him like that. The Aldo fight was brilliance, as was the Holloway fight.

Mendes- Chad took a wrestlers chance for a big paycheck on 2 weeks notice. he isn't a diaz, no way was he in shape for that fight, That was also one of Mendes first fights under Usada and his slow style played into conors hands. still he gave conor a hell of a fight despite all of that.

Your excuses for Mendes are pathetic. He was on mad roids, had a style that could pose problems to Mcgregor (especially on short notice) and he was the #1 contender in the division. Biggest fight in the history of the division, he was the #1 contender and wasn't prepared in case one of them pulled out? Aldo pulls out of every other fight. There's always the possibilty that if Mcgregor was training for Mendes he wouldn't have even gotten taken down.

Last edited:
Conor the most underrated fighter in the heavies by a landslide.

Your excuses for for Mendes are pathetic. He was on mad roids, had a style that could pose problems to Mcgregor (especially on short notice) and he was the #1 contender in the division. Biggest fight in the history of the division, he was the #1 contender and wasn't prepared in case one of them pulled out? Aldo pulls out of every other fight. There's always the possibilty that if Mcgregor was training for Mendes he wouldn't have even gotten taken down.
son, there is no way a guy can be in shape on what was it 11 days notice for a WORLD CLASS CAGE FIGHT. It takes nearly a hundred or so rounds of sparring, atleast 4 weeks of intense cardio and discipline.Chad had looked slow and tired after about 2 minutes. sure he had the energy to take conor down because chad is a stud wrestler and he could take conor down rolling out of bed after a night with a hooker.

edit- like I said, the diaz brothers are real animals but nate looked rusty af in the first round, his toughness helped him get through it and we all know what happened in the 2nd oc course.

Overrated is irrelevant in his case.

His promotional abilities have skewed the discourse so much that it's near impossible for people to be objective about him.

This exercise can be done and has been done with every single top fighter out there.

TS, are you retarded? McGregor is the biggest draw in MMA today

Sure, alvarez lost before. But no one, absolutely NO ONE, schooled him like that. The Aldo fight was brilliance, as was the Holloway fight.
Aldo fight was a product of him being a dipshit and a little left hand nothing brilliant or special about it. Hollow was really green man. he was 20 years old ffs.

Sounds like a list of excuses. Did he fuck your girlfriend or something?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back