Why I never thought Anderson wasn't that great

I assume you meant why you thought he was never that great and that topic alone caused me not to read what you had to say.
The biggest question in my opinion about him is did he only use PED's to help with his recovery after breaking his leg in half which is the argument he should have used all along instead of saying the doctor gave it to him and he did not know and pissed the doctor off and the doctor said oh hell yes he did know.
Or did he use them all or most of his career and nobody will ever know the answer to that unless he goes broke and writes a book about being on them like baseball players have done in the past.

Getting submitted 12 years ago when you weren't as experienced in BJJ is better than being helpless on your back getting your face caved in for a couple minutes straight by a superior fighter.

giphy.gif

lol

did you know that Anderson was ranked number 1 fighter in the world at welterweight not long before that fight? lol

I love his fans. always coming up with same excuses, lol

I must admit I picked Rich Franklin and Hendo to beat him both times.

All this time, I believed he was one of the most overated fighters of all time, especially on top of his hypocritical demeanor between what he says and does, which can be totally two different thing, one being of total respect and other being of absolute sensitive full retard a-hole.

Anderson did show the true heart of the champion in certain fights, overcoming the adversity and what not, but the main reason why I never thought much of him was the fact that

well, he just isn't that great at wrestling. When he fought Lutter and got taken down and mounted like a rag doll, there was this rumor, god knows where, where Anderson was letting him take him down to show his bjj skills or something. Did fish invent ocean to breathe through gills too or was it the other way around

I don't think Anderson is really that great at striking enough in a hypothetical skill for skill pound for pound setting where you can rank him that highly anywhere, really, other than the fact that he most often finds the wins. He was an amazing fighter, but not as good as some people made him out to be as the best of all time.

I believe Anderson himself said that he cuts from 230 and he is taller than Fedor. If he was a solid muscled 230 with his skill set, do you really think he would've beat guys like Schilt, Hunt, Hong Man Choi before tumor removal surgery which made him a living zombie, Crocop and those pure strikers? Of course not. Schilts would've front kicked Anderson's face in to the third row.

The best striker Anderson beat is Vitor probably, but a couple years back they fought, no one gave a fuck about Vitor but he somehow was making his way back to the relevance, but if I'm not mistaken, Vitor was coming off a year long lay off. Chris Weidman, who was a terrible match up for Anderson, from whom Anderson might have wanted to stay away from, if I'm also not mistaken, was also coming off from a lay off longer than a year.

Who's the second best striker Anderson beat? Rich? Hendo? Forrest? Lee? Leben? The list is astoundingly short for such an amazing striker, and for such an awesome boxer, he sure doesn't seem to have fuck all or a limited number of one punch knock out kos given how many fights he had under the belt.

Some people talk as if to make Anderson's accomplishments look greater, but the middleweight division in the past was, without a single doubt, the weakest division in the UFC that they had back then.
You seem lonely.

At least someone wasn't losing the fight before he got flying heel hooked and tapped like his leg is getting crushed under the truck at 29 years old

Anderson wasn't losing the fight with Chonan before that heel hook.

Why does he have so many title defences then?

Because the killers at LHW like Rampage, Griffin, Rashad, and Shogun were too lazy to cut down to 185 to take his belt otherwise they would have done it with ease. :D

I must admit I picked Rich Franklin and Hendo to beat him both times.

All this time, I believed he was one of the most overated fighters of all time, especially on top of his hypocritical demeanor between what he says and does, which can be totally two different thing, one being of total respect and other being of absolute sensitive full retard a-hole.

Anderson did show the true heart of the champion in certain fights, overcoming the adversity and what not, but the main reason why I never thought much of him was the fact that

well, he just isn't that great at wrestling. When he fought Lutter and got taken down and mounted like a rag doll, there was this rumor, god knows where, where Anderson was letting him take him down to show his bjj skills or something. Did fish invent ocean to breathe through gills too or was it the other way around

I don't think Anderson is really that great at striking enough in a hypothetical skill for skill pound for pound setting where you can rank him that highly anywhere, really, other than the fact that he most often finds the wins. He was an amazing fighter, but not as good as some people made him out to be as the best of all time.

I believe Anderson himself said that he cuts from 230 and he is taller than Fedor. If he was a solid muscled 230 with his skill set, do you really think he would've beat guys like Schilt, Hunt, Hong Man Choi before tumor removal surgery which made him a living zombie, Crocop and those pure strikers? Of course not. Schilts would've front kicked Anderson's face in to the third row.

The best striker Anderson beat is Vitor probably, but a couple years back they fought, no one gave a fuck about Vitor but he somehow was making his way back to the relevance, but if I'm not mistaken, Vitor was coming off a year long lay off. Chris Weidman, who was a terrible match up for Anderson, from whom Anderson might have wanted to stay away from, if I'm also not mistaken, was also coming off from a lay off longer than a year.

Who's the second best striker Anderson beat? Rich? Hendo? Forrest? Lee? Leben? The list is astoundingly short for such an amazing striker, and for such an awesome boxer, he sure doesn't seem to have fuck all or a limited number of one punch knock out kos given how many fights he had under the belt.

Some people talk as if to make Anderson's accomplishments look greater, but the middleweight division in the past was, without a single doubt, the weakest division in the UFC that they had back then.
I agree with most of your post...but you can only fight whos there. would like to see him have fought a higher weight class more...Guys were simply undersized as with reach many times.Weidman was the first I think to actually have reach over him. Regardless Silva is not overatted unless you put him on that best ever pedestal. Based on my own views hes certainly a dynamic striker who show cased it with guys who weren't exactly that great,he does have key wins like Sonnen and forrest .these guys were no walk overs when he fought them.

I agree with most of your post...but you can only fight whos there. would like to see him have fought a higher weight class more...Guys were simply undersized as with reach many times.Weidman was the first I think to actually have reach over him. Regardless Silva is not overatted unless you put him on that best ever pedestal. Based on my own views hes certainly a dynamic striker who show cased it with guys who weren't exactly that great,he does have key wins like Sonnen and forrest .these guys were no walk overs when he fought them.

you know when your key wins can be Sonnen and Forrest, you aren't really....

Not really, not that long before that, Hendo lost to Misaki

He also beat Misaki, and just gave a terrible, poor, unmotivated performance in a non title bout rematch in the first round of the Pride welterweight GP. I think that at the time his time at 205 blanketing to the point of a 30-26 score against roided up Belfort, his destruction of Wanderlei Silva and his very competitive loss to Rampage were more indicative of his skill.

I am still a big Rich Franklin fan but the second I saw Anderson vs Leben I knew Rich was done.

Lol TS that was funny and I agreed with everything except the striking part.
He's an amazing striker, the things he did were astonishing.

He also beat Misaki, and just gave a terrible, poor, unmotivated performance in a non title bout rematch in the first round of the Pride welterweight GP. I think that at the time his time at 205 blanketing to the point of a 30-26 score against roided up Belfort, his destruction of Wanderlei Silva and his very competitive loss to Rampage were more indicative of his skill.

He probably wouldn't have beaten Wanderlei of PRIDE if he wasn't so sick.. and he lost to Rampage and he layed and prayed, as he often did sometimes, against Vitor.

He probably wouldn't have beaten Wanderlei of PRIDE if he wasn't so sick.. and he lost to Rampage and he layed and prayed, as he often did sometimes, against Vitor.

What fighters do you think are/were good back then? Only the top 3 guys?

I'm still not convinced that this thread is does not suck.

you know when your key wins can be Sonnen and Forrest, you aren't really....
Sonnen was extremely dangerous and he destroyed him in rematch...forrest was as tough as they came then. you fail to realize his striking ability which is common to thread starters which I think was the point of your thread.it doesn't work...you can argue his place in MMa not his talent.

He was never fighting at 230lb you fucking idiot. That was his walking weight when he would get fat between camps. Anderson fought around 200LB

Back