Why Holm beating Ronda is still difficult.

Ar145984

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If Holm is to beat Ronda, how do you think it would go?

A knockout while Ronda is walking in? Have we seen Holm do serious damage on her opponents yet in the UFC?

Or more likely, point fight her way to victory. How did this go in her first fight? She got a split decision.

The biggest issue of this gameplan, is that it wont solidify her victory, how many casual Ronda fans would accept that Holm wins because she outside point fought? How likely do you think there would be bias in the judges decision?

outpointing would be more impressive than flash ko

There is literally 0% chance of her winning against Ronda

No point even talking about it, it's another pointless matchup

There is literally 0% chance of her winning against Ronda

No point even talking about it, it's another pointless matchup

So if this is a pointless fight, who should Ronda fight at 135?
Or should she just give up mma since its pointless for her?

If she out points Ronda that would say a lot more about her then a 30sec KO.
She would have survived 25mins with Ronda without being taken down, tossed and subbed. Which as of now no one has been able to do for more then a round. (Outside of Tate)

outpointing would be more impressive than flash ko

Yeah, but just outpointing her, Ronda would be sour as shit, complaining, excuses, the whole nine yards. But a flash KO..... it'd be the most glorious thing ever seeing Ronda lose her mind and fall into total dispare.

giphy.gif

A flash ko is the only chance I see for Holm (as unlikely as that is).

imo As soon as Ronda gets inside and gets a hold of Holm, the fight will be over.

Yeah, but just outpointing her, Ronda would be sour as shit, complaining, excuses, the whole nine yards. But a flash KO..... it'd be the most glorious thing ever seeing Ronda lose her mind and fall into total dispare.

giphy.gif

Yep, as somebody who knocks out women regularly I must say it's a glorious spectacle.

The stand up fight is interesting. To say Holm doesn't have a chance on the feet is insane.
Holm has 50 fights with 2 legit losses.

Holm has 5 months to find god level tdd to make it an interesting fight.

holm should get jones to teach her those oblique kicks for when ronda comes close.

i mean it.

I honestly think ronda could beat her at least 5/10 times without taking her down. Ronda's striking technique is improving a lot, she has big power for wmma, and the takedown threat is probably enough to throw Holm off her game.

I don't think ronda would let her stay on the outside and out point her. Holm isn't strong enough to prevent ronda from bullying her into the cage and using some dirty boxing before throwing her on her head.

She has to be able to defend the clinch, and hit Ronda hard enough to hamper her pace. That's the only way she'll keep from getting overwhelmed, if she can't hurt Ronda bad enough to slow her roll it'll only be a matter of time.

Holm needs to stay on the outside for at least the first round to get Ronda settled down. It's clear the 'run in with your eyes closed and hope for the best' plan the previous challengers have been using isn't going to cut it.

This fight is basically another crush job for Ronda , she's a man among the female division.

I can see it now.... Holly Holm can just clip Ronda right in her chin and rock the fuck out of her.. make her a little dizzy.. and then just keep knocking her face in... ALA Matt Serra vs. GSP. THE SAME THING CAN HAPPEN. Do NOT Count Holly Holm out. Just think about when Matt Serra caught GSP. Of course no one thought GSP would ever lose to a fucking Ultimate Fighter guy right?? This is MMA, and Ronda is not invincible.

This fight is basically another crush job for Ronda , she's a man among the female division.

Holly has been training with Jacksons MMA and WinkleJohn since she was 16 years old.
She turned pro mma fighter at the same time Ronda did.

Judging from the interview, even Holms doesn't think she has much of a chance.

Probably the easiest one yet for Ronda on paper if she's willing to clinch and get it to the ground. If she comes in swinging wildly and whiffing like she started out doing in her most recent fight and if Holm has any decent power and can tag her doing that...that would be the only chance at all.

My guess is another armbar under 45 seconds

Back