Why Holm beating Ronda is still difficult.

The only plausible way I can see holm winning is random front kick to the face while rousey is rushing in

Biggest hypetrain I've ever seen. Ever. Ronda's outside defense is terrible and that's the ticket to beating her. However, a pillow-fisted point fighter who often connects with less than 50% of her strikes is not the answer. Ronda's going to ragdoll Holly's brains into the mat, and anyone who thinks this goes to decision is out of his fucking mind.

So if this is a pointless fight, who should Ronda fight at 135?
Or should she just give up mma since its pointless for her?

Yeah she shouldn't be fighting when there is absolutely no contenders availbale

Would much rather have an actual fight on the card instead

The stand up fight is interesting. To say Holm doesn't have a chance on the feet is insane.
Holm has 50 fights with 2 legit losses.

Holm has 5 months to find god level tdd to make it an interesting fight.

TDD defense that works for wrestlers won't work against judo throws. She has to stay away and jab. As soon as Ronda is in close, its all over.

holm should get jones to teach her those oblique kicks for when ronda comes close.

i mean it.

Does Holm have the power to stop this charging bull? Or will she just walk right through it? Hold has great technique, but if she doesn't hurt Ronda while she's charging in, she will be in trouble. But if she hurts her with some good jabs or kicks, that can change the fight.

Holm would actually have to throw punches.

Seeing she has thrown 3 in 6 rounds as a UFC fighter that isnt going to happen and shows women's pro boxing is about as legit as WMMA.

Pro Boxing champ my ass. 1 punch a round followed by 5 side kicks...amazing.

People need to stop saying Holly looked horrible in the UFC. You cannot look horrible and keep winning safely.

I think she has been developing a specific style to outpoint Ronda. It requires keeping the distance and landing jabs or even throwing air punches if it makes her look active.

Jack Slack showed well how all the female fighters so far would run at Ronda and start throwing badly formed punches completely forgetting about distance. Every single fighter so far has done that, well except for Cat who did something even worse. Sure, some of them landed a couple of them which Ronda powered through.

Probably the easiest one yet for Ronda on paper if she's willing to clinch and get it to the ground. If she comes in swinging wildly and whiffing like she started out doing in her most recent fight and if Holm has any decent power and can tag her doing that...that would be the only chance at all.

My guess is another armbar under 45 seconds

Bethe was the easiest. With Holm one can at least imagine a path to victory.

People need to stop saying Holly looked horrible in the UFC. You cannot look horrible and keep winning safely.

I think she has been developing a specific style to outpoint Ronda. It requires keeping the distance and landing jabs or even throwing air punches if it makes her look active.

Please watch Rousey vs Kaufman in Strikeforce (skip to 1:10) to see how this plan will work out. Look at Kaufman employ the jab, circling away and throwing air punches to deal with Ronda's aggression.

[YT]V5Nq9hFbALc[/YT]

It worked for 4 seconds.

There is literally 0% chance of her winning against Ronda

No point even talking about it, it's another pointless matchup

I wouldn't say 0% but chances are slim. Shit happens sometimes a lucky shot to the jaw, I'd give her 5%.

Biggest hypetrain I've ever seen. Ever. Ronda's outside defense is terrible and that's the ticket to beating her. However, a pillow-fisted point fighter who often connects with less than 50% of her strikes is not the answer. Ronda's going to ragdoll Holly's brains into the mat, and anyone who thinks this goes to decision is out of his fucking mind.

Who cares about outside defense if you fight 135lbs girls without KO power.

I wouldn't say 0% but chances are slim. Shit happens sometimes a lucky shot to the jaw, I'd give her 5%.

When Ronda loses, it's not going to be because she was outpointed for 25 minutes. Can anybody realistically imagine that? If/when she loses it will be because she gets KTFO Marina Shafir style - meaning somebody comes straight in close, blasts her and stuns her with a punch and she doesn't have the wherewithal, defense or head movement to slip the follow up strikes. It might be Cyborg, it might be Nunes, hell it might be Miesha Tate. It probably won't be Holly Holm though, because Holm's entire game depends on keeping the fight at kickboxing range and setting up a high kick - which is impossible against Ronda Rousey.

Swing for the fences Holly..the 1 or 2 you'll land are the only chances you've got!

Holly may very well last longer than everyone who does not have the last name Miesha.

The problem is fighting in a manner that allows Holm to last more then 2 minutes is a guaranteed lose.

She is not going to be able to hit as hard back peddling the whole time. Kicks are too risky.

This fight lasts as long as Holly can run. Eventually Ronda gets her against the cage, gets a clinch, or lands a hard punch.

Holly might be able to dance for a full round, don't really know but she is not going to survive once she gets caught.

None of the girls have done it so far but I still think you have to hurt Ronda to beat Ronda at 135.

I do expect Ronda to get her nose bloodied, a bloody nose is not going to stop Ronda.

If Holm is to beat Ronda, how do you think it would go?

A knockout while Ronda is walking in? Have we seen Holm do serious damage on her opponents yet in the UFC?

Or more likely, point fight her way to victory. How did this go in her first fight? She got a split decision.

The biggest issue of this gameplan, is that it wont solidify her victory, how many casual Ronda fans would accept that Holm wins because she outside point fought? How likely do you think there would be bias in the judges decision?

A point fight victory? I will say it again, as I have several times before, there is NOT a woman on planet earth that can make the weight of 135 pounds that can keep Rousey on the outside for 5 rounds. Not even for one whole round.

Having said that, not matter how confident I am in Rowdy, I always try to imagine how she could lose, using her opponents strengths and skills. In the opening exchange, if Holm throws and oblique kick and takes out Rowdys knee, or throws a head kick and rocks or KO's her. She CANNOT wait to get warmed up. The fight will be over by then.

Please watch Rousey vs Kaufman in Strikeforce (skip to 1:10) to see how this plan will work out. Look at Kaufman employ the jab, circling away and throwing air punches to deal with Ronda's aggression.

[YT]V5Nq9hFbALc[/YT]

It worked for 4 seconds.

Sha la tiene. Tiene la shave de brazo.

Cause this aint boxing or kickboxing. In MMA grappling is more dominant and Ronda has the athleticism to close distance when she wants and will put a fast pace that Holms will probably get lost. Plus Ronda has way more tools to beat Holms or Cybro.

If Holm is to beat Ronda, how do you think it would go?

A knockout while Ronda is walking in?

This is the only way that I see Holly winning. There will not be an opportunity for point fighting here, so that's not happening. Whether fast or slow, Ronda will come for Holly and there is nothing Holly could to do to stop it aside from kicking.

Back