Social Why have not all of the Los Angeles hills been covered with mansions?

Oceanmachine

Tidwell belt
Banned
Reaction score
Looking at google earth. Huge areas west of the 405 are empty with just land.

Could put nice homes there

Could be because that section runs adjacent to a state park?

If I was a rich developer I would be trying to remove the state park protection and lobby the politicians to do just that. That is prime land to build million dollar homes on for the rich!!

Most of that land is owned by foreign nationals...the Chinese government, Saudi royal family and the like. West of 405 has a monster military installation as well. Some prime beach front property used for nothing but to store nukes and have marine recruits play war games.

I don't live in the US but isn't Los Angeles overcrowded already?

I always hear people talk about how the traffic is horrible and how expensive it is to live there.

I don't live in the US but isn't Los Angeles overcrowded already?

I always hear people talk about how the traffic is horrible and how expensive it is to live there.
L.A county is actually not that densely populated compared to east coast cities. this is why we have to drive every where. it is mostly histrionics and hyperbole from people from flyover states who have never been here that L.A that is overpopulated. southern California is even way less densely populated once you go inland going east.

A big earthquake will make some new vacant land soon enough.
we haven't had an earth quake in maybe close to 30 years and it doesn't make vacant land people just rebuild on the land the already own assuming that the building is even damaged. I rather deal woth an earthquake than tornadoes and lightning,blizzards. even the fires don't affect most Californians because they happen in places that don't have too many people.

Looking at google earth. Huge areas west of the 405 are empty with just land.

Could put nice homes there
More detail is needed. Post a link to the exact area you're referring to so people can research why exactly that particular area is sparsely populated. It could be for any number of reasons. As 405 traverses the entire length of LA how can one know which area you're referring to.

l.a. is a place i like visiting, but i'd never live there. i don't particularly like driving, and you need to drive all the time if you live in l.a. i'm more a fan of walkable cities.

L.A county is actually not that densely populated compared to east coast cities. this is why we have to drive every where. it is mostly histrionics and hyperbole from people from flyover states who have never been here that L.A that is overpopulated. southern California is even way less densely populated once you go inland going east.
I cant imagine anyone that has lived here for more than 10 years wouldnt say LA is overcrowded. Yeah, it is. Riverside is not LA County.

Land is expensive, building isn't cheap, NIMBYs who got theirs and don't want new neighbors, environmental issues (wildfire, slippage, etc). Take your pick.

No one wants to live in that shithole

we haven't had an earth quake in maybe close to 30 years and it doesn't make vacant land people just rebuild on the land the already own assuming that the building is even damaged. I rather deal woth an earthquake than tornadoes and lightning,blizzards. even the fires don't affect most Californians because they happen in places that don't have too many people.

You have to survive the big one to rebuild.

I lived in LA County for over 30 years. It's overcrowded AF. It's the most populated county in the country FFS.

Worldpopulationreview.com/us-counties

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back