Social Why have not all of the Los Angeles hills been covered with mansions?

L.A county is actually not that densely populated compared to east coast cities. this is why we have to drive every where. it is mostly histrionics and hyperbole from people from flyover states who have never been here that L.A that is overpopulated. southern California is even way less densely populated once you go inland going east.
The population density of the Los Angeles area is higher than the New York area. By almost 2k people per square mile. It's the most densely populated area in the US.

https://la.curbed.com/2012/3/26/103...e-most-densely-populated-urban-area-in-the-us

If I was a rich developer I would be trying to remove the state park protection and lobby the politicians to do just that. That is prime land to build million dollar homes on for the rich!!
This 700 sq ft 2 bedroom is a million dollar home in LA.

750bf387ebceda5fff70433b0ae2a334-cc_ft_1152.jpg

I wonder if George Lucas ever built those low income houses in Marin after the local NIMBYs rejected his movie studio.

Maybe there's ordinances in place to keep the vibe as is? Sort of like the ban on building high-rises in Budapest.

I lived in LA County for over 30 years. It's overcrowded AF. It's the most populated county in the country FFS.

Worldpopulationreview.com/us-counties

I live in San Diego and dread any time I must go to or through LA and deal with that traffic.... 4-5 lanes in a fucking gridlock....fuck all that...I try to time my trips to avoid rush hours even if it means getting somewhere 1-2 hours early...

I live in San Diego and dread any time I must go to or through LA and deal with that traffic.... 4-5 lanes in a fucking gridlock....fuck all that...I try to time my trips to avoid rush hours even if it means getting somewhere 1-2 hours early...

I hear you, there's a reason Kobe would take helicopters all the time (RIP). The last time I worked in the LA area was in Santa Monica. On a Friday night took me nearly 3 hours to get from Santa Monica to Long Beach. That's when I decided to work in the Irvine area no matter what. Anytime I had a client engagement in LA/SFV it was a complete nightmare coming back to OC. Shit I remember when I used to enjoy drives to SD and even that is a hot mess all the time now, OC got so much worse too.

Finally left SoCal this year so I'm grateful not to have to deal with that shit anymore.

I hear you, there's a reason Kobe would take helicopters all the time (RIP). The last time I worked in the LA area was in Santa Monica. On a Friday night took me nearly 3 hours to get from Santa Monica to Long Beach. That's when I decided to work in the Irvine area no matter what. Anytime I had a client engagement in LA/SFV it was a complete nightmare coming back to OC. Shit I remember when I used to enjoy drives to SD and even that is a hot mess all the time now, OC got so much worse too.

Finally left SoCal this year so I'm grateful not to have to deal with that shit anymore.

My first trip to LA it took me damn near an hour to go the 15 miles from the CG Base to my hotel....

Transferring to Long Island this summer, so one mess to another...FML I'm going to miss living on the ass end of nowhere....

My first trip to LA it took me damn near an hour to go the 15 miles from the CG Base to my hotel....

Transferring to Long Island this summer, so one mess to another...FML I'm going to miss living on the ass end of nowhere....

My Aunt lived in Long Island. I enjoyed spending time there, NYC was too Concrete Jungle for my taste. I took the train into the City, seemed like a fun way to get to work but driving looked like a nightmare. Good luck Sherbro.

My Aunt lived in Long Island. I enjoyed spending time there, NYC was too Concrete Jungle for my taste. I took the train into the City, seemed like a fun way to get to work but driving looked like a nightmare. Good luck Sherbro.

Thankfully working on living on LI, so it'll be train rides into the city for leisure...

It's not exactly easy to develp on hills. Have you ever been through the Hollywood Hills? They can't exactly bulldoze every empty area into flat lots.

I wonder where that house is located. I can think of some shitty areas where that house isn't even close to a million dollars. That house in Santa Monica? Sure I could see that.

I wonder where that house is located. I can think of some shitty areas where that house isn't even close to a million dollars. That house in Santa Monica? Sure I could see that.
Dunno, I just went to zillow and set the price for $1 million.

yeah man, it's crazy how expensive it is to live in areas like that. i live in an equally, if not more expensive area in san jose, ca, and my one-bedroom apartment is bigger than this place lol.

Back