Why have I never used slow cookers until yesterday?

JoeyJoeJoeJr

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I pulled out the slow cooker I got for Christmas 2 years ago and put some bbq spiced pulled pork in it before work. I set it to 10 hours. I came home from work and when I opened the door I was met with a magnificent smell of spiced meat. It was nice and cooked and just melted apart.

I didnt even add a thing. Why havent I been doing this forever?

What other good meats can I just toss in there and let the slow cooker do its magic?

I pulled out the slow cooker I got for Christmas 2 years ago and put some bbq spiced pulled pork in it before work. I set it to 10 hours. I came home from work and when I opened the door I was met with a magnificent smell of spiced meat. It was nice and cooked and just melted apart.

I didnt even add a thing. Why havent I been doing this forever?

What other good meats can I just toss in there and let the slow cooker do its magic?

Basically everything.

God works in mysterious ways brah. Your discovering slow cookers yesterday will all be part of some divine plan

Best is when you invest time and baked it afterwards

Chili
Turkey Breast
Scalloped Potatoes
The world is now your oyster, TS

hqdefault.jpg

I never use a slow cooker. I find they change the texture of everything to a sort of soft clay consistency, and there is some sorcery where the slow cooker robs the individual flavours from the foods you put in, combining them into one much less appealing jumble of every flavour.

Learn to cook. You'll get much better results.

I never use a slow cooker. I find they change the texture of everything to a sort of soft clay consistency, and there is some sorcery where the slow cooker robs the individual flavours from the foods you put in, combining them into one much less appealing jumble of every flavour.

LOL
Learn to use a slow cooker and you won't say such ridiculous things.

Mississippi Pot Roast. It might be the most white trash recipe ever created, but damn it’s good.

I use mine to make stew all the damn time. It's almost all I eat now, just way to easy to make a weeks worth of meals while I sleep.

actually that is a sign you have never learned to cook. Sorry. But for those who can cook properly none of what you say happens.

actually that is a sign you have never learned to cook. Sorry. But for those who can cook properly none of what you say happens.

Sorry, but you and the other dude are wrong.

I don't care to convince you so feel free to keep enjoying your sub par food.

Does chicken work?

I was thinking about Ham and Pork Shoulder too.
Whole chicken is best. Just remove the gibblets/guts (if they didn't come removed). The issue is heat for safety. You have to cook chicken at a higher heat (165F+). All kinds of recipes you can find with a Google, or YouTube vids showing you the execution itself. There are entire YouTube channels devoted to slow cookers and crock-pot cooking/recipes.

Learning to cook subsumes learning to slow cook. No need for this divisive nonsense. Slow cooking is cooking.

Mississippi Pot Roast. It might be the most white trash recipe ever created, but damn it’s good.
This is the first thing that popped in my head when I saw the thread title and now my mouth is watering lol
Think I'll make one this weekend

Sorry, but you and the other dude are wrong.

I don't care to convince you so feel free to keep enjoying your sub par food.

Must be tough to enjoy food with your nose that high in the air.

Back