Why have I never used slow cookers until yesterday?

Nope I am not. Nor are all the top chef's and no shertard is going to convince me he knows more than all of them despite the penchant of shertards to always do so. Both methods/ devices have their strengths if used properly.

Every limitation you bring up is your own. Just because you cannot good results with a slow cooker does not mean others cannot. But that will not stop you projecting your shortcomings on other.

I bet you like ketchup on your well done steak.

We've got so many cooking devices we never even use..Pressure cooker, slow cooker, air fryer. They're all brand new and just in the garage.

@MikeMcMann neither of the videos you posted feature the chefs using a slow cooker.

Can you guess why that is?

I pulled out the slow cooker I got for Christmas 2 years ago and put some bbq spiced pulled pork in it before work. I set it to 10 hours. I came home from work and when I opened the door I was met with a magnificent smell of spiced meat. It was nice and cooked and just melted apart.

I didnt even add a thing. Why havent I been doing this forever?

What other good meats can I just toss in there and let the slow cooker do its magic?
Just wait till you discover sous vide and have your mind blown.

Insta-pot is the one stop shop kitchen item. About the only thing I haven't figured out how to make right in it is burgers.

I got one for Christmas, good stuff, still trying to figure out the right time on some things.

Again that you think cooking well is more about the device than the cook says all we need to know about you.

The fact that you linked two videos to support your argument that didn't feature the tool we're discussing in this thread says all that we need to know about your argument.

I'm willing to drop the absolutism and concede that you can cook enjoyable meals using a slow cooker, but you will get better results using other methods, such as the ones featured in the videos you linked.

We've got so many cooking devices we never even use..Pressure cooker, slow cooker, air fryer. They're all brand new and just in the garage.
Air fryers are awesome! You should really use it. Just throw in some broccoli squirt a bit of oil and it's a healthy delicious side dish

The fact that you linked two videos to support your argument that didn't feature the tool we're discussing in this thread says all that we need to know about your argument.

I'm willing to drop the absolutism and concede that you can cook enjoyable meals using a slow cooker, but you will get better results using other methods, such as the ones featured in the videos you linked.
Nobody is trying to make top flight meals with a slow cooker. You throw in a bunch of stuff in the morning and you have a delicious meal for the next couple of days

There are some people who allow others to tell them what they should like and others who decide for themselves. It's like The Emporer's New Clothes only with food.

See the irony? :D

HEY MOTHERFUCKERS THIS ISN'T A FLAME THREAD THIS IS A SLOWCOOKER THREAD

051133043-01-slow-cooker-short-ribs-recipe-main.jpg

IMG_9309edit.jpg

Slow-Cooker-Carnitas-Cover.jpg

I pulled out the slow cooker I got for Christmas 2 years ago and put some bbq spiced pulled pork in it before work. I set it to 10 hours. I came home from work and when I opened the door I was met with a magnificent smell of spiced meat. It was nice and cooked and just melted apart.

I didnt even add a thing. Why havent I been doing this forever?

What other good meats can I just toss in there and let the slow cooker do its magic?

I got the slow cooker for Christmas from my brother in law.

Yesterday my wife decided to make a chicken stew in it. When I came home from work the smell in my apartmant was beautiful. And taste, my God, the taste was fantastic, vegetables were so delicious and meat was so soft, tender and juicy.

We plan to make pulled pork or pulled chicken for weekend, can't wait.

Slow Cooking rocks for those have little time to spare but want to eat well.

Plenty of delicious dishes to be made with a slow cooker.

Air fryers are awesome! You should really use it. Just throw in some broccoli squirt a bit of oil and it's a healthy delicious side dish

I just got it for Christmas, I made some sweet potato fries and that's it. I'll have to break it back out.....

Mississippi Pot Roast. It might be the most white trash recipe ever created, but damn it’s good.

Ranch dressing packet?? I love it :) - I'm going to try this one!

Back