Why Hasn't Dillon Danis Fought for Bellator in More Than Two Years?

Leonard Haid

Minimalist Living the Illusory Dream
@red
Reaction score
He signed a 4-fight contract in 2017, and then fought once in 2018 and once in 2019.

Because he's a keyboard warrior basically.

Multiple injuries, surgeries.

he's terrified that Jake Paul might show up and attack him with water balloons again

have you see him fight? Dude is fucked once he fights someone good. He knows that.

Can't find a better place to put this. I was just running through some data and was thinking about the fight meta for the art of BJJ, and BJJ based practitioners in the sport of MMA.
Highlights:
Charles Oliveira - UFC Lightweight Champion
Rafael Lovato Jr. - Bellator Middleweight Champion
Garry Tonon - 6-0 will contend for One FC title
Gilbert Burns - fought for the UFC Welterweight title, recent win against Wonderboy
Glover Teixeira - 5 fight win streak, will fight Jan for the title
Lowlights:
Rodolfo Vieira getting subbed by a purple belt
Davis Ramos run out of the UFC by Makhachev and Tsarukyan
AJ Agazarm released from Bellator after a second loss to Lencioni
Kron Gracie lost to Cub Swanson
Ryan Hall knocked out by Ilia Topuria
Yuri Simoes lost his One FC debut to a chinese fighter
Augusto Mendes lost his ACA debut after being run out of the UFC
Robson Gracie Jr. knocked out by Billy Goff
Khonry Gracie released from BMMA after being KOed by Guude
Neiman Gracie is 1-2 in his last 3 fights
Jacare is retiring and Maia will soon follow (following Sergio Moraes)
Antonio Carlos Junior released by the UFC after 3 straight losses
Carlos Diego Ferreira 2 straight losses to Gregor and Beneil

Last edited:
Because he is not actually a fighter.

too busy tweeting the big dogs in the UFC who he will never actually fight to worry about fighting bums in Bellator. Even when he returns he'll fight some walmart security guard. Would probably take him longer to fight a real opponent than it did MVP. He even puss'd out of the Jake fight which he would have been destroyed in. Askren took that ass whipping for him.

200.gif

He doesn't seem particularly interested in being a full time MMA fighter. Might be a Robert Drysdale situation where he just wanted to try MMA for a bit and found out it isn't for him.

If he does fight I have heard Jordan Boroughs is interested in an MMA fight and that match up makes sense with him not having cross trained and Danis not having had many MMA fights.

He doesn't seem particularly interested in being a full time MMA fighter. Might be a Robert Drysdale situation where he just wanted to try MMA for a bit and found out it isn't for him.

If he does fight I have heard Jordan Boroughs is interested in an MMA fight and that match up makes sense with him not having cross trained and Danis not having had many MMA fights.

I think Drysdale was pretty all in until he got busted by USADA to be fair to him.

Back