Why has Aoki not made it to UFC

UFC actually made him an offer twice before, awhile back.

I think he original said that their contract wouldn't let him compete in grappling, and then later said that he wanted to build MMA in japan.

I think the Melendez fight really killed the interest in him, and the second Alvarez fight erased his best win.

He has been unimpressive in North America

2uiwtq1_jpg.gif

564691513.gif

He also totally smoked Lyle Beerbohm (good win-loss record at the time) in North America.

The destruction of Fancy Pants was on some other shit. I think I remember reading that fans in attendance noted both Dana White and Lorenzo appeared to be very, very impressed.

aokiface.gif

Random but why hasn't Shinya Aoki gotten a shot in the UFC ever?

He has been unimpressive in North America

2uiwtq1_jpg.gif

564691513.gif

Gil and Eddie are just 2 of the best guys in the world, period. Most guys that fight them get smashed, regardless of whether or not they typically fight in America. Shinya holds a win over Eddie aswell, might I add.

I think Shinya could definitely beat quite a few guys and hold a Top 10/Top 15 position were he to come to the UFC. His striking is a work in progress, but his clinch game, takedowns and grappling are top-tier.

I think its assumptive to say for sure the would get thrashed in UFC. Its not assumptive to say he doesnt like standing. He has an impressive record and I remember him telling Dana to call him around the time of the arm break incident.

I dont like Aokis image or how he comes across but he would bring a very different style and kick a few asses.

i hate this is true.. he would get his shit pushed in the ufc tho no doubt about it but still i want to see penn v aoki or aldo or pettis or bendo...one could only hope

Lol he wouldn't be able to hang in the ufc , just like kawajiri as well I suppose. Fickle zuffa bias fans are funny when they make stupid comments like that, it shows you have no clue. He doesn't break top 5 or 6 but he would win more so then lose, especially at FW .
He makes enough money with one FC and like Joachim Hansen , doesn't want to be fucked over , if he loses a couple of fights.

Back