Why don't we see more slam KO's?

Superman Elbow

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I've always thought the canvas looks brutally hard compare to a wrestling mat and wondered how guys adjust to wrestling on a harder surface, let along what it feels like to get slammed on it. It seems like a pretty good way to ruin someone's night in a moment.

When Tito ko'd Tanner he had a bodylock and his head tucked against Tanners chin so when they hit the ground his head took a huge impact.

Or like when Harris Ko'd branch with a slam, Branch had jumped to guard and Harris put his hand up on his face, then slammed him with a Ko.

Also the Khalibov slam he has a body lock from behind with his opponents arm trapped in it and slams him with no way to protect his head as he went down.

My point is, especially with the tito and khalibov examples, I don't think there is anything that their opponents could do to stop them from getting ko'd with those slams. Yes, they could have avoided the position, but we see guys in those positions all the time but they rarely even attempt those kind of slams.

Final thought, it seems that there is a grey area with head butts in relation to slams, not sure if it will even be changed, but I'm curious why we don't see more slams with intent to end fights. My answer is most likely fighters trying to conserve their gas and the fact that if you did that to your training partner you would probably get kicked from your gym lol.

3160ruv.gif

So you wanna be a fighter?! lol I thought about using this one but it didn't seem to be quite as calculated as the others. Still brutal though, I swear if you look close you can see his head squish a little lol

I think people are worried about their being a fine line between a spike and a slam.

Reactions: HHJ
I think guys just got better at avoiding these kinds of slams. Look at how Khabib lifted Justin's leg off the ground to avoid getting slammed in that triangle. Plus the rules are iffy about the difference between a proper slam and a spike.

I think guys just got better at avoiding these kinds of slams. Look at how Khabib lifted Justin's leg off the ground to avoid getting slammed in that triangle. Plus the rules are iffy about the difference between a proper slam and a spike.
we never see spikes called though

Don't see many slams in general really, never mind KO's from them.

King of Slamz
DenseDeafeningAztecant-max-1mb.gif

People are better at BJJ now

Not really though, we see horrible grapplers all the time and its not that hard to figure out how to bodylock slam someone or get a backlock with an arm in and slam them like khalibov.

I don't know if we have ever seen a call for a spike

There was one in Cage Warriors during the first Frederick/Webb fight, but I can't remember one in the UFC.

But the closest I can recall seeing to a proper spike is Andrade/Rose

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back