• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why don't we see 6'9" freaks like Fury dominate MMA?

Hong man just fell on Fedor haha
images

images

and lost after that, but he's a Gentleman.

Reactions: HHJ
There are none because there are no 6'9" guys who are even decent athletes in MMA

That's my point

Jon Jones isn't even 10% of the athlete Fury is but defends takedowns well.

Well.. cant compare Jones because he has been on steroids his whole carer.
Unnatural strength

Well.. cant compare Jones because he has been on steroids his whole carer.
Unnatural strength
Do you have any proof Jones has been on steroids his whole career?

Reactions: mkt
A prime DC would easily ragdoll a 6'9" Fury in the cage.... the only thing more laughable is imagining Fury stuffing a DC takedown and not tapping a few seconds later.

EghHp6_U4AMGCcC.jpg

Do you have any proof Jones has been on steroids his whole career?
No for sure he only started taking them when usada arrived.

idk that height matters. it's all about skill, body control, coordination, etc.

yeh it might be an advantage if you have all those things and know how to use it correctly.

*edit - there becomes some point where height makes 265 hard, unless you're rail thin like Struve. that'd take some of the advantage away.

There are none because there are no 6'9" guys who are even decent athletes in MMA

That's my point

Jon Jones isn't even 10% of the athlete Fury is but defends takedowns well.
10% based on what? I'd put Jones (or his brothers) against Fury any day in a neutral athletic contest. Fury is a talented boxer who uses his size well, but he's no great athlete. Prime Ali, Foreman, Holyfield, etc. were very good athletes, though. The Klitshkos in their prime were probably more athletic than Fury as well.

Last edited:
Tim Sylvia has been the closest thing to Fury and he had pretty good success. I think prime Sylvia would do well in the current HW division, though Ngannou would go head hunting until he knocked Tim out. FWIW, Tim beat two other giants who were even bigger than he was in the UFC: Gan McGee and Wes Sims. Those two weren't very skilled, though, and were throwbacks to early UFCs where some guys won on size and power alone. But that period (early 2000s) was the only time the UFC HW looked like more recent boxing HW with the likes of Fury, Wilder, Klitschkos and other giants.

TS must have missed the early days. And RIP to Varelens. I didn't realize he passed away, though I think I remember him being hospitalized at some point.
Var.jpg

fuck Fury. Teddy Riner is where it's at. 6'8, 300lbs jacked and more importantly "explosive". 3 Olympic gold medals in judo, like 10 World Championship gold medals. absolute unit. even Khabib acknowledge judo > wrestling.
hhkcupx75b451.jpg

bow down to the king of the chads
Obviously not very objective from me, but that guy's a monster.

All Shoulda, coulda, woulda stacks up is a bunch of nothin. Lol

just like Stipe, Ngannou, and Fury beating him. shoulda, coulda, woulda stacks up to a bunch of nothin

i think Khabib knows more about winning in MMA than you do. he said judo > wrestling. everyone already knows grappling > striking. Judo Ted is like HW Judo GOAT. 6 months training UFC HW champ. just for a little context, the current champion's background is a homeless ditch digger.

so again i say
giphy-downsized-large.gif

A prime DC would easily ragdoll a 6'9" Fury in the cage.... the only thing more laughable is imagining Fury stuffing a DC takedown and not tapping a few seconds later.

EghHp6_U4AMGCcC.jpg
dude it's not easy to approach an HW active boxing world champion without losing his Head, if Fury lands a punch on DC without gloves he'll lose all his teeth.

Fury has proven that being that tall/athletic + skills will make you virtually unbeatable.

Yet Ngannou, the current champ, is only 6'4" and the only elite HWs above 6'6" are Volkov and Sylvia who are not even close to Fury's level.

If Fury trained MMA full-time, it's hard to see any of these MMA midgets beating him. Imagine someone like DC trying to punch Fury's face lol, it'd look like a dad vs his 10 year old son
Takedowns and grappling and low kicks.

Fury has proven that being that tall/athletic + skills will make you virtually unbeatable.

Yet Ngannou, the current champ, is only 6'4" and the only elite HWs above 6'6" are Volkov and Sylvia who are not even close to Fury's level.

If Fury trained MMA full-time, it's hard to see any of these MMA midgets beating him. Imagine someone like DC trying to punch Fury's face lol, it'd look like a dad vs his 10 year old son

Atleast in the US-

If a young big guy is athetic, hes not going to go into MMA

Hes going into basketball or football to alteast get an education if not a very lucrative career in pro sports

Fury could probably house the UFC right now if he wanted too play MMA
Hes a superior athlete in a superior sport.
You play MMA, you dont play boxing. That is the motto.

Because most guys that tall are not very coordinated when it comes to
using your body in many ways that MMA demands.

Further please name all the tall successful mma fighters
Not many for sure. Tim Sylvia had the most success. I was going to say Semmy Schilt, but his record was 26-14-1. And he won his last 3 fights, so it's not like he fought way past his prime and ruined his record at the end of his career like Ken Shamrock or BJ Penn. He had consistent losses throughout. You would've thought with much less evolved competition and no weight limits in most orgs he'd have done better in the 1990s.

Back