Why Don't They Restore The Old Landmarks

Smokes

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Look at how cool the pyramids used to look. All shiny and shit and not it's just a big pile of rocks. Why hasnt anyone tried to restore them and make them great again.

5cc9599a0fd10-png__700.jpg

Rome Coliseum doesn't looked like it would take too much
before-after-roman-buildings-structures-fb22-png__700.jpg

Seem like the old landmark would be better if there were new again.

Hell yeah and while they're at it head up to the moon and fix those craters too.

15109910-355360-1-0-1500379917-1500379920-650-1-1500379920-650-9692cf7fd5-1577186185.jpg

In almost every case, I'd rather see what remains of the actual work of the old masters or laborers...

It's not that hard to use your imagination and picture the pyramids as brand new. What makes those things special is that they were accomplished with the tools of the time, as opposed to using cranes and helicopters and planning it out with 3D modeling, etc.

Restoration destroys the history and the journey through time which is what makes these things special in the first place
The scars they've acquired over the centuries is a huge part of their story

Also we lack the alien technology necessary to fix the pyramids

Never can tell if they're suddenly going to become racist hate landmarks that need to be torn down immediately

15109910-355360-1-0-1500379917-1500379920-650-1-1500379920-650-9692cf7fd5-1577186185.jpg

In almost every case, I'd rather see what remains of the actual work of the old masters or laborers...

It's not that hard to use your imagination and picture the pyramids as brand new. What makes those things special is that they were accomplished with the tools of the time, as opposed to using cranes and helicopters and planning it out with 3D modeling, etc.
When that story of the painting came out I literally cried laughing. They just let some old lady who was like yeah I'm pretty good at painting do it Haha ag ahaha

They should get that leaning tower of pizza sorted!

Would have thought health and safety regulations be all over that by now!

06_ThePyramid-of-the-Sun.gif

01-the-parthenon-1521138731.gif

Last edited:
When that story of the painting came out I literally cried laughing. They just let some old lady who was like yeah I'm pretty good at painting do it Haha ag ahaha

That is real? Anyone got a link? That looks funny

America should build a giant cock monument out of guns.

Not stupid melted guns like some stupid country I could mention, but working guns.

Fifty feet tall, and able to fire in all directions.

Agreed. Lets bring back the gladiator fighting while we're at it.

Unless we plan to
Look at how cool the pyramids used to look. All shiny and shit and not it's just a big pile of rocks. Why hasnt anyone tried to restore them and make them great again.

5cc9599a0fd10-png__700.jpg

Rome Coliseum doesn't looked like it would take too much
before-after-roman-buildings-structures-fb22-png__700.jpg

Seem like the old landmark would be better if there were new again.

Do you plan to do it authentically with the tools and materials of the time? If not- Fuck off. If so, I'd be on board.

Of course in the Coliseums case, you would need to conscript the thousands of slaves that actually built the fucker.

The Pyramids would be much less of a problem. As evidence suggests it was not slaves that built them---just poor people. But they did receive tax exempt status for their contribution. Shit, if they threw that out there, I would hop on a plane and pitch in.

I love how she got to the mouth area and was like, shit I'm in over my head, and just quit.

I went to Germany and all the “old” buildings were rebuilt because of the war .. it’s didnt feel like I was seeing history as much as when u find the ones that are actually old .

I think the reason why landmarks like the Pyramids and the Acropolis of Athens are left unrestored is because their state of ruin is a major reason why they are tourist attractions in the first place. If they completely restored Pompeii and made it look the way it did before the eruption - sure some people may want to see that - but for many the allure of visiting would be lost.

What is really interesting is the debate of how to treat buildings that are simply unfinished such as the Sagrada Familia. I don't think being unfinished is a major selling point for these instances, but there is the issue of authenticity if it is decided to finish the project long after the initial stoppage especially if there are little to no original construction drawings to work off of (which is the case almost always).

sagrada-familia-2.jpg

America should build a giant cock monument out of guns.

Not stupid melted guns like some stupid country I could mention, but working guns.

Fifty feet tall, and able to fire in all directions.
And put next to a school.

Last edited:
Back