Why don't the refs wear a whistle?

91 seconds

Sideburn Fedor is 31-0
@red
Reaction score
Has this off the wall question ever been asked before? Do you think a whistle could've prevented the H bomb?
Dan-Henderson.png

2130_10716_0001_999_large_02.jpg

LOL at a whistle stopping the H-bomb.

The question is "why would you want to stop the H bomb?"

The ref doesn't need a whistle because he is standing right next to the fighters and the arena is not that loud compared to the average NBA or NFL game.

The question is "why would you want to stop the H bomb?"
Well I wouldn't. But a blaring whistle in the background while Hendo is in the air would've brought more laughs.

The ref doesn't need a whistle because he is standing right next to the fighters and the arena is not that loud compared to the average NBA or NFL game.
Ok, how about use it to check on a fighter to see if he's out or not? Robbie could've used a good toot.

That’s not that bad of an idea honestly. It just might prevent some late strikes being landed after the finish. Key word is might, but I’m not going to dismiss the idea right off the bat like most will.

If the fighters can't notice the sound of an effin' airhorn, you think they'll hear a freeping whistle?

Ok, how about use it to check on a fighter to see if he's out or not? Robbie could've used a good toot.
Do you think that would have been more useful than Herb Dean actually grabbing his arm and having Lawler pull it away from him, whuch us what happened?

That’s not that bad of an idea honestly. It just might prevent some late strikes being landed after the finish. Key word is might, but I’m not going to dismiss the idea right off the bat like most will.
You know what, you and the guy before you somewhat eprsuaded me. I'm moving from no to maybe.

A whistle is not going to stop a fighter from throwing a punch. It's more efficient to put hands on them physically.

It wouldnt prevent anything so no point in having it.

Do you think that would have been more useful than Herb Dean actually grabbing his arm and having Lawler pull it away from him, whuch us what happened?
Possibly. Herb with a whistle is a dangerous man because I can see all types of things going wrong.

Reporter- " Herb, a lot of the fans and media are wondering why you didn't stop the fight earlier when you noticed Conor had nothing left to give."

Herb - " My whistles was broken, I figured he'd tap."

A whistle is not going to stop a fighter from throwing a punch. It's more efficient to put hands on them physically.

That’s way more delayed though, why not both? Just asking the question. There is something about a loud noise that gets people’s attention.

Funny-MMA-Fighter-GIF-Ref-Dive-Bombs.gif

Back