Why don't mma fans pay attention to competition

Because most (99%) people are sheep on all matters, be it sports or politics. They follow the trends because it's convenient.

Your hatred of Jones is absurd.

Isnt it funny? Aything less then worship for Jones = "hate"

I only speak truth. That truth upsets you because youre blinded by your love for Jones

Again, none of Jones' "big name" opponents were at their best when Jones beat them. None had more then a 3 fight winning streak (only Gus and DC. And maybe Rashad, but I will have to check. Rashad certianly didnt beat anyone great to justify his title shot at Jones)

In fact some like Shogun and Machida even came into their fights with Jones off losing streaks.

Get rid of your emotions and look at this objectively

INTERLOPER said:
Jones won the LHW championship after only a few years of MMA training.

First of all you are dead wrong. Jones had a whole life time of wrestling training/competition/experience. Wrestling is the disicpline he relies on to control/beat opponents. So in essence it was Jones who had all the experience advantages over his non-wrestling opponents.

And lastly, what relevance does that have anyway? None. This is just more obnoxious Jones hero worship. If anything, Jones starting out young means he will FADE YOUNG. 4 of his last 5 fights have been decisions and hes not getting any younger as more begin to figure him out etc

INTERLOPER said:
His acomplishments have been incredible

If you had actually read my post. My point was that all though Jones resume "looks incredible" ON PAPER, its about CONTEXT.

If "people" are going to be claiming Jones "the Goat" THEN yes we MUST look deeper at his wins, apply the PROPER contexts and ask "who was prime/which win was truly significant?" Etc etc

We have to look beyond at a superficial level when newbs are already proclaiming Jones a GOAT...and Jones resume does NOT HOLD up at all...and thats just the truth...the fact YOU try hard to deny it speaks volums to how much of a Jones fanatic you are.

Let me show you the difference my friend:

Shogun out striking Machida WHEN Machida was the man and a top 5 p4p ranked fighter, THATS a wholey significant win that stands up to context and that is used to argue GOAT status

The same goes for Fedor BEATING PRIME Cro Cop or PRIME NOG

Or Weidman ENDING Anderson's win streak

Or Conor beating PRIME Aldo and ending Aldo's win streak.

On the other hand, Jones beating the same injuried 30% Shogun on short notice who Forrest beat = good on paper BUT not anything actually significant or relevant

Same goes for Jones beating a 1-2 struggling Machida

Again, its about CONTEXT. Beating PRIME opponents when they were at their best.

The more newbs claim Jones the GOAT, the more educated fans will examine Jones resume deeper and come to the conclusion that his resune is only paper deep and that hardly any of his opponents were at their best the time of - Thus his wins lack the context/true significance of a supposed "GOAT"

Gsp and Fedor have had far superior resumes beating prime opponents who were at their best etc

INTERLOPER said:
Shogun had just KO'd Machida. Rampage was in the best shape he'd been in years. Rashad was definitely not washed up. Machida was still within his prime. Vitor was at the height of his TRT reign. Glover was on a 20 fight winning streak. DC is still one of the best in the world, at HW or LHW.

1. After KO'n Machida, Shogun blew out his knee. Its the fact Jones beat COMING OFF SURGERY Shogun - the same injuried Shogun who Forrest beat.

2. Rampage was in good shape, but still washed up. His best win coming into his fight with Jones was a decisuon over Hammil....S get real...That was my other point. Most of Jones opponents DID not have any kind of long or impressive winnig streaks.

Now compare that to a GSP or Fedor who consistently beat the best of the best while they were at their most hottest off long winning streaks. Its night and day. The fact Jones is even brought up in GOAT convos shows how truly dumb "fans" are.

3. Machida was even coming off a losing streak. He was 1-2 before facing Jones. It was healthy Shogun who had already figured out PRIME Machida WHEN Machida was at his hottest. Jones got Machida when Machida was at one of the worst points in his career

Again, most of Jones opponents were NOT at their best

Rashad maybe was prime but Rashad has never been anything great either. Almost getting KOd by Rampage and Thiago and always consistently losing rounds to literally every opponent possible

INTERLOPER said:
The Gus fight was very close. Jones got hit in the face a lot and got out-boxed by Gus. However, Jones landed hard kicks to Gus's body all night and during the final round Jones was the one with more gas in the tank and was landing very hard head and body kicks. Gus looked ready to collapse. It was a tough fight for both fighters and any comments you can make about Jones fighting smaller opponents and struggling against someone his size can also made about Gus. So, either both fighters were "exposed" or both fighters just fought someone who's a difficult stylistic match up for them.

Gus out struck the complete and utter piss out of Jones. The stats during the telecast showed Gus landing near 100 more sig strikes. Thats just absurd.

Funny how instantly after the stats were "changed" to favor the hype job Jones.

Gus won that fight period. I can post gif after gif of Gus hammering Jones in boxing exchanges as Jones is turning into shots with his eyes closed like a literal first class beginner at boxing would. It was pathetic

Gus head shots had a far greater impact then Jones kicks (a majority of which were bocked)

Jones literally only had 1 spinning elbow

I dont care if Jones had more gas. It wasnt a 6 round fight. It was 5 rounds and Gus won more rounds within that 5 rounds

And NO you cant say Gus was exposed BECAUSE he out skilled and out classed Jones. It was Jones who was exposed. If anything you can say Gus' cardio was exposed but thats it

And yes, the fact that Jones gets by on nothing but his size, reach, youth, and wrestling while having terrible boxing does bother me and many others. I'm still objective though

The only thing is that I just don't like to watch Jones fight. His boxing is literal garabge. I seriously have to force myself to watch his fights just so I can finish my breakdowns etc

Poor defense. Poor form. Poor boxing IQ. Poot footwork. Zero counters. Zero combos. Most people forget that even an injuried gassed out Shogun manged to tag Jones with right leads and 1-2s when it was on the feet. Besides that one knee, Most of the standing strikes Jones landed on Shogun came from the clinch or when Shogun was pressed against the cage. In the middle of the ring Shogun was tagging him. A shame 95% of that fight was on the ground. If only Shogun couldve kept it standing

Anyways, to see Jones terrible boxing in action Is like someone scratching chalk board

Revisionist history at its finest.

Before every one of Jones early championship fights, this board was full of people claiming that the Jones hype train was going to be derailed. Now, all those fighters were washed up and not a real challenge.

You can go through literally any fighter's record and discredit every fighter on there or provide excuses for every win or loss. GSP, Fedor, Anderson, Jones and Aldo are all in the running for GOAT, and using revisionist history you can discredit each and every one of them if you want to... As Sherdog loves to do.

Jones even admitted himself that he's the worse athlete out of his 3 siblings. His older brother dabbled in wrestling in high school and was actually more successful than Jones was. Jones stuck with wrestling because he was horrible in football. Both his brothers are nothing more than run-of-the-mill NFL players. That gives you an idea what a mediocre athlete Jon Jones is and how horrible his competitions have been by extension.

Arthur Jones could've easily become UFC HW champion if he wanted, except he doesn't care about a fringe sport like MMA.

Jones even admitted himself that he's the worse athlete out of his 3 siblings. His older brother dabbled in wrestling in high school and was actually more successful than Jones was. Jones stuck with wrestling because he was horrible in football. Both his brothers are nothing more than run-of-the-mill NFL players. That gives you an idea what a mediocre athlete Jon Jones is and how horrible his competitions have been by extension.

Arthur Jones could've easily become UFC HW champion if he wanted, except he doesn't care about a fringe sport like MMA.

Are all of your 1.3k posts variations of the same thing?

If MMA is garbage like you say why do you spend so much time with it?

is this a troll thread?

lombard destroyed shields and palhares, two of the best WWs on the planet right now.

Back