Why don't Conor fans want to see him tested?

Crushasaurus

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
It's really interesting to see the discussion around prospective opponents for Conor. Seems like his fans are pushing for Cerrone or Diaz, guys who honestly both seem like gimme fights. Cerrone starts slow and don't like kicks to the body. Diaz will stand and trade, but c'mon, when was his last good win? he survived against RDA and he almost got stopped in the last round of his last fight. who was that? Michael Johnson?

On the other hand, I've seen Conor fans rejecting the idea of Khabib stepping in because he "blanket" or "jon fitch" him.

If you're a true fan of Conor, don't you want to see him tested and beat the very best? Hah, just 3 fights ago conor got a title shot by beating Dennis Siver which is why people say that Conor had a cherry-picked run to the title and deny Conor's Goat status. It's hard to muster praise for the Aldo fight, but Conor's performance against Mendes was that of a champion, no doubt about it.

I don't think Conor is the goat (but he sure is fun to watch). If you're a fan of Conor, you more than anyone else should be calling for him to fight the toughest grapplers out there. So why don't you wanna see it?

Khabib has a high profile main event fight booked.

He told the UFC that he couldn't fight in March.

Conor has already fought one of the most elite wrestlers in the game. Diaz has elite jujitsu. Cerrone just came off a fight where he took the guy down and submitted him.

Finally, you're full of it.

Diaz is a nightmare for Conor. Conor's whole striking style is centered around fighting long and controlling distance. Diaz has the sam long style, and has a longer reach. Diaz also good on the ground. With guys of the same or shorter reach Conor will at least be in range for hooks and body shots. Against Diaz, he'll have the same luck as Michael Johnson did.

It's really interesting to see the discussion around prospective opponents for Conor. Seems like his fans are pushing for Cerrone or Diaz, guys who honestly both seem like gimme fights. Cerrone starts slow and don't like kicks to the body. Diaz will stand and trade, but c'mon, when was his last good win? he survived against RDA and he almost got stopped in the last round of his last fight. who was that? Michael Johnson?

On the other hand, I've seen Conor fans rejecting the idea of Khabib stepping in because he "blanket" or "jon fitch" him.

If you're a true fan of Conor, don't you want to see him tested and beat the very best? Hah, just 3 fights ago conor got a title shot by beating Dennis Siver which is why people say that Conor had a cherry-picked run to the title and deny Conor's Goat status. It's hard to muster praise for the Aldo fight, but Conor's performance against Mendes was that of a champion, no doubt about it.

I don't think Conor is the goat (but he sure is fun to watch). If you're a fan of Conor, you more than anyone else should be calling for him to fight the toughest grapplers out there. So why don't you wanna see it?
I don't see any conor fans saying any of this stuff. All that stuff is coming from mostly haters and Diaz fans. Is anyone actually clamoring to see Cerrone get the fight? The guy fought two days ago and got stomped by RDA a few months ago. I personally don't care who he fights after RDA dropped out. That was the fight I was looking forward to. Now I really have no preference at all. It could be Cerrone, Nate, Kabib, Ferguson, Alvarez, bigfoot, fedor, a zebra

I want Ferguson. That's the best fight, imo. Khabib would be if he had fought in the last decade.

He was about to get the shit tested out of him against RDA and everyone was excited to see it, who's the reason the fight's not happening?

Fighting against top competition are gimme fights now?

lol

It's not really fair on Conor if it was Khabib . That would mean he had fought his two supposed toughest match ups in each division on 2 weeks notice each . Don't worry Khabib will get his shot eventually

Why don't Conor fans want to see him tested?

image22-660x400.jpeg

Khabib has a high profile main event fight booked.

He told the UFC that he couldn't fight in March.

Conor has already fought one of the most elite wrestlers in the game. Diaz has elite jujitsu. Cerrone just came off a fight where he took the guy down and submitted him.

Finally, you're full of it.

Forgetting to mention Mendes came in with a 3 week training camp

Noone
Gives
A
Fuck
About
Khabib.

That guy is simply irrelevant. This is a million dollar fight for (potentially) an interim belt. Your bro hasn't fought in two years. He does not deserve a million dollar, a title fight or such an exposure. Let him rack up a boring winning streak and he'll get his ass whooping.

TS, how many times are gonna post this same Connor-hating/Khabib-fellating nonsense in this hour?

I don't see any conor fans saying any of this stuff. All that stuff is coming from mostly haters and Diaz fans. Is anyone actually clamoring to see Cerrone get the fight? The guy fought two days ago and got stomped by RDA a few months ago. I personally don't care who he fights after RDA dropped out. That was the fight I was looking forward to. Now I really have no preference at all. It could be Cerrone, Nate, Kabib, Ferguson, Alvarez, bigfoot, fedor, a zebra

"Because I can just throw a blanket on the floor and watch that instead. Or put old Jon Fitch matches on."

from http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/why-doesnt-conor-just-accept-the-khabib-fight.3178711/

I dunno if anyone is "clamoring" for the Cerrone fight. I'm certainly not, but I see his name out there a lot. Cerrone and Diaz just seem like such gimme fights for Conor. I know it's mma and anything could happen, but i just can't picture Conor losing to either.

I agree with your disappointment tho. RDA was gonna be a tough test for sure. At least I thought so before he pulled out. If the past is any indicator of future behavior, I think Conor is gonna take RDA's head off in 1 round now.

TS, how many times are gonna post this same Connor-hating/Khabib-fellating nonsense in this hour?

The thread i linked to in my previous post and this thread brings the grand total to 2. That took a long time to count ;)

conor was about to face a beast in RDA, the reigning champ who had beat Pettis, Benson and Cowboy.

but conor fans are scared for him?

You are deluded TS

Khabib can't sell a fight if his very life was at stake. (Nice guy)

My guess as to why DFW is not entertaining this idea.

You are naive bro.

Conor and the UFC dont want to see him "tested". This is prize fighting, they want to fill their pockets with $$.

A fight with Diaz or Cerrone will sell a lot more PPV $$ and tickets than a fight with Khabib or someone else.

Back