Why don't Conor fans want to see him tested?

He wants to fight champs at higher weight divisions please change the title.

It's really interesting to see the discussion around prospective opponents for Conor. Seems like his fans are pushing for Cerrone or Diaz, guys who honestly both seem like gimme fights. Cerrone starts slow and don't like kicks to the body. Diaz will stand and trade, but c'mon, when was his last good win? he survived against RDA and he almost got stopped in the last round of his last fight. who was that? Michael Johnson?

On the other hand, I've seen Conor fans rejecting the idea of Khabib stepping in because he "blanket" or "jon fitch" him.

If you're a true fan of Conor, don't you want to see him tested and beat the very best? Hah, just 3 fights ago conor got a title shot by beating Dennis Siver which is why people say that Conor had a cherry-picked run to the title and deny Conor's Goat status. It's hard to muster praise for the Aldo fight, but Conor's performance against Mendes was that of a champion, no doubt about it.

I don't think Conor is the goat (but he sure is fun to watch). If you're a fan of Conor, you more than anyone else should be calling for him to fight the toughest grapplers out there. So why don't you wanna see it?
I do want to see him tested. But I want to see him win too. They both factor into who I want to see him fight. And it isn't like I want to see him in mismatches; Diaz, Cerrone, Pettis all do offer things Conor hasn't seen before.

Get out of here with that, As a Conor fan and I'm hoping for Khabib or Ferguson.

Cerrone and Diaz would be fun but he would beat wholesale ass in both of those fights.

The thing is it's still unfair for mcgregor to have to switch to someone like Khabib on short notice.

But I still think he can do it.

"Because I can just throw a blanket on the floor and watch that instead. Or put old Jon Fitch matches on."

from http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/why-doesnt-conor-just-accept-the-khabib-fight.3178711/

I dunno if anyone is "clamoring" for the Cerrone fight. I'm certainly not, but I see his name out there a lot. Cerrone and Diaz just seem like such gimme fights for Conor. I know it's mma and anything could happen, but i just can't picture Conor losing to either.

I agree with your disappointment tho. RDA was gonna be a tough test for sure. At least I thought so before he pulled out. If the past is any indicator of future behavior, I think Conor is gonna take RDA's head off in 1 round now.
yeah, that's definitely not a Conor fan. He's clearly saying Khabib would LnP Conor for 5 rounds and win. No Conor fan would say that.

I want him to face whoever the Shertards deem his toughest fight. Let there be no doubt.

I want him to face whoever the Shertards deem his toughest fight. Let there be no doubt.

Whoever his toughest fight is today will change once he beats them tomorrow to someone else.

Cerrone is no gimme fight for Conor despite his slow starting Conor would be hard pressed to walk down & pressure the Cowboy not unless he's hurt and wounded. Cerrone is a bag of trouble for Conor.

The hardest fights for Conor is a wrestler like Mendes/Edgar/Khabib, obviously. Chad exposed that his ground game needs work.

Nate has a boxing style. An elite kicker like Conor will outrange Diaz no problem. Diaz's 60% power, high volume style is arguably the best matchup for a rangy fighter like Conor.

The real standup challenege for Conor is Pettis. Pettis has that ridiculous fast twitch single strike power, especially kicks. His crazy kicks will equalize the range advantage and neutralize Conor's good reaction time.

Pettis vs McGregor would be epic.

yeah, that's definitely not a Conor fan. He's clearly saying Khabib would LnP Conor for 5 rounds and win. No Conor fan would say that.

Man you were hearing the same stuff before the Mendes fight and you know it! It's totally reasonable to believe Conor would beat Khabib in spectacular fasion, but my whole point is that Conor fans don't wanna see him defeat a challenger like that. They want a highlight reel stoppage of Cerrone or Diaz.

Frustrating when less popular fighters have to fight the Guida's of the UFC and Conor does not.

Back