Why doesn't UFC/ USADA go back and test for EPO on all fights since ufc 189

And the other bit you just totally made up.

There was a topic here detailing numerous incidents in boxing involving USADA. I can't find it at the moment because Sherdog's search sucks. I was totally expecting your "I never heard it so it doesn't exist!" response and actually won $20 from a bet with my secretary, so thank you!

Because its not in their best interest to do so.
They can go back and test tj but no one else??
bit odd

Its really is a sham

I don't feel that you can penalize people for past drug tests..if they passed back then, then they passed...you can't suddenly get new drug testing ability, then go back and retest people...then if they test positive, you punish them...that is totally not fair or right.. That's like a person being acquitted of a crime, then years later, they find evidence of his guilt, you can't then go and retry him again...doesn't work that way. You cannot retroactively punish people...

I don't feel that you can penalize people for past drug tests..if they passed back then, then they passed...you can't suddenly get new drug testing ability, then go back and retest people...then if they test positive, you punish them...that is totally not fair or right.. That's like a person being acquitted of a crime, then years later, they find evidence of his guilt, you can't then go and retry him again...doesn't work that way. You cannot retroactively punish people...
It may not be right or fair to you, but is in the USADA/UFC contract that they can hold samples for retesting at any time. (Up to 10 years)

It may not be right or fair to you, but is in the USADA/UFC contract that they can hold samples for retesting at any time. (Up to 10 years)

it's not fair...end of story...you test people with the current state of technology...you shouldn't then be able to test them again later, when that technology is greater...how is that right in your mind?

Because its not in their best interest to do so.
They can go back and test tj but no one else??
bit odd

Its really is a sham
Congratulations. At least one mind thinks here. Hope more can question things like that, because I'm tired of some blind idiots here.

it's not fair...end of story...you test people with the current state of technology...you shouldn't then be able to test them again later, when that technology is greater...how is that right in your mind?
Well any fighter that signed a contract in the past 4 years agreed to it, so it’s fair there. They shouldn’t be cheating on the first place. It’s not fair to cheat is it?
It’s not fair for a criminal to get away with a crime because the tech wasn’t around to catch them.

Is it fair when new technology exonerates a wrongfully imprisoned person? Yeah, so it is fair when it is the other way around.

If a fighter is going to cheat, they threw ALL RIGHTS to fairness out the window. They don’t deserve fair in the first place.

The real cheaters are UFC and USADA for lying to the fans. They can't catch everyone for cheating, they can't even catch half. If they are lucky they will catch %10.

So that means 90% of the cheaters are getting away with it while UFC gets to pretend its a clean sport.

So you are opposed to child murderers from the 60's being convicted in the 90's because of advances in DNA evidence..?

What about someone convicted of murder in the 80's on weak evidence being exonerated and released 20 years later because of advances in DNA technology?

There was a topic here detailing numerous incidents in boxing involving USADA. I can't find it at the moment because Sherdog's search sucks. I was totally expecting your "I never heard it so it doesn't exist!" response and actually won $20 from a bet with my secretary, so thank you!

you totally mis-remembered the article. I know the exact article you refer to and out of the many wild allegations (later disproven) that the author makes that was not actually one of them.

you can send the $20 you just won to my paypal address.. you dont deserve it

Because it would cost millions of dollars.

What is the point of going back and finding out everyone was one a boat load of PEDs?

There is a list of banned substances and there is a list of what they routinely test for. Unfortunately, in the eyes of some, it isn’t (cost) effective to make these two lists match up. I understand the theory they present as to why this is; I don’t get the reality as to why not.

you totally mis-remembered the article. I know the exact article you refer to and out of the many wild allegations (later disproven) that the author makes that was not actually one of them.

you can send the $20 you just won to my paypal address.. you dont deserve it
https://www.sbnation.com/longform/2015/9/9/9271811/can-boxing-trust-usada

So you are opposed to child murderers from the 60's being convicted in the 90's because of advances in DNA evidence..?

What about someone convicted of murder in the 80's on weak evidence being exonerated and released 20 years later because of advances in DNA technology?

drug testing is a whole different topic...

Well any fighter that signed a contract in the past 4 years agreed to it, so it’s fair there. They shouldn’t be cheating on the first place. It’s not fair to cheat is it?
It’s not fair for a criminal to get away with a crime because the tech wasn’t around to catch them.

Is it fair when new technology exonerates a wrongfully imprisoned person? Yeah, so it is fair when it is the other way around.

If a fighter is going to cheat, they threw ALL RIGHTS to fairness out the window. They don’t deserve fair in the first place.

if they signed the contract saying so...then I guess it is fair...just seems to me, that this revisionist punishment isn't fair...but just my opinion.

Back