Why doesnt Conor just accept the Khabib fight???

jkuhlmann

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I mean if Khabib wants it, why doesnt Conor just do it.

If theres ever gonna be a time where Conor beats Khabib, its now.... UFC can promote it as the 22-0 Russian who mauled RDA, back from being on the shelf!

because it wouldn't make sense for conor to fight the #1 ranked light weight

not at all

lol.

I'm sure he would. He accepted mendes. If anyone said no it'd be Dana and co

Because he doesn't want to be used as a grappling dummy for 25 minutes.

He'll gladly fight Khabib. Tell Dana to step aside.

from a marketable stand point, it's not a good fight. the potential diaz or cerrone trash talking will sell ppv's at this point. not fighting khabib.. plus khabib is by far the worst match up for conor. bad for business to lose to khabib

because this

the-avengers-angry-hulk-smash-loki.gif

He, or the UFC, will say it's because Khabib isn't a draw and won't bring in more money, but the UFC knows KM is a nightmare matchup for McGregor and won't take the chance of someone beating CM oin short notice.

The UFC could spin a short notice loss easier than a full camp loss, it doesn't make sense to me, because if CM beat KM, even the most ferverent doubters would have to accept that he is one of the top fighters on the planet. But the UFC will not let that happen, they want a fan friendly striking war, not a gritty, tough grappling centric fight.

Because I can just throw a blanket on the floor and watch that instead. Or put old Jon Fitch matches on.

Khabib might blow out his knee just thinking about a short notice fight.

And Dana propably doesnt think lke a sherdogger that wants to see him fail lol. Questioning good buisness decisions can be hard for some poor ass sherdoggers to understand though.

To be a fly on the wall in Dana's office right now. "How do I save a big card replace a injured RDA that will look reasonably good but lose, so I can still have my big money fight with Rafael and Conor"..?

20121227_jla_ar5_625.0_standard_400.0.jpg

Conor trains for Aldo(striker) gets mendes. Conor trains for RDA(well rounded) gets khabib. Don't you think he'd be getting the shaft?

Conor trains for Aldo(striker) gets mendes. Conor trains for RDA(well rounded) gets khabib. Don't you think he'd be getting the shaft?
But he said he doesn't care who he fights, he just wants a fight.

Khabib has pulled out of 3 fights in a row and just said he wouldn't fight UFC 200 because a man in the sky told him not to.

He doesn't deserve the McGregor fight.

But he said he doesn't care who he fights, he just wants a fight.
I'm sure he doesn't but he's an investment. Personally I think he takes Khabib out easier than RDA just because Khabib isn't explosive - his takedowns are against the cage or relentless pressure. Conor isn't a fighter who backs up and khabib has some gaping holes standing. I don't think Khabib gets his game going nor can deal with conors speed or movement. BUT From a business perspective it's like damn this guy is an amazing grappler who's 22-0 and a win over the champ lets put him against our cash cow who is much smaller and a striker! No brainer there not to make the fight.

Dana said they already promised Fox that they'll have Khabib's return, so...

Because Khabib (and Ferguson) are both tied to a major UFC on Fox event and the UFC has contractual obligations to Fox.

That will be the excuse. In reality Conor's ducking Khabib true champ 120% word.

Back