Why does Walmart attract so many...

Walmart is useful for HBA'S, toys, cheap linens, automotive fluids, and general household accessories. If you are building your wardrobe there, you will be disappointed and properly heckled by better adjusted citizens.

Wal-Mart employs approximately 1% of the entire U.S workforce.

Their prices are low because they pay their employees as low as they can, and provide no benefits. Most employees are given pamphlets on how to apply for state subsidized health care (not a problem in most countries outside the U.S, however).

When a Wal-Mart is built, it kills most other local businesses such as grocery stores, car parts, mechanics, department stores, clothing stores , and electronic stores, many of which have been passed down from generation to generation.

It is a self-perpetuating cancer that reinforces the unsustainable model we choose to live by.

I go there MAYBE once a year but I feel sick every time I buy something from there.

Wal-Mart employs approximately 1% of the entire U.S workforce.

Their prices are low because they pay their employees as low as they can, and provide no benefits. Most employees are given pamphlets on how to apply for state subsidized health care (not a problem in most countries outside the U.S, however).

When a Wal-Mart is built, it kills most other local businesses such as grocery stores, car parts, mechanics, department stores, clothing stores , and electronic stores, many of which have been passed down from generation to generation.

It is a self-perpetuating cancer that reinforces the unsustainable model we choose to live by.

I go there MAYBE once a year but I feel sick every time I buy something from there.

I try to shop there as little as possible, but I'm pretty cheap so I eventually break down.

Funny about the "People of Walmart"... I've never seen anything approaching material for that site in the stores I've been to (Atlantic Canada, which isn't exactly the healthiest region). I can vouch for the "occasional solid 9" though.

Murica?

Fortunately, I was never subjected to such monstrosity in the US. I lived in a small college town so most people at walmart were college students who were generally more fit and attractive than the locals.

I avoid Wal Mart as much as I can. I do occasionally stop in for some decent deals on 9mm bullets or garden plants or something like that. But for the most part I avoid that place as much as I can.

They are a horrible company, and I refuse to give them my patronage.

Good prices though. Cannot deny that.

we not got this thing called Wallmart down under - we are only just getting Costco -

Costco is a good company. I shop at Costco and try and support them. They are far different than Walmart ethically.

Walmart takes advantage of their employees and doesn't allow them full time status. If employees are nearing full time hours they send them home so they don't have to pay them.

I think costco lowest paid employee makes $12 an hour I think a cashier starts at 20.

Why do they build 40 checkout lines when they know damn well they are only gonna open 6 of them?

I buy almost all my groceries there. They have cheaper prices than any other place in town.

That's funny... considering you probably watch all our shows, listen to all our music, watch all our movies, follow our news religiously and wish every night you'd been born here.

Jealousy is a stinky cologne, Brah.

I think you might have missed the joke a bit there, man.

I always feel like I need a shower after I leave wal mart.

Didn't realize walmart had mma, is that a usa only thing?

Thats why I prefer Target. Just gotta remember to use cash though

I tend to do most of my grocery shopping at Aldi's. I only really buy things like socks or dog food at Wal-Mart.

You saying Wall Mart is like Sherdog?

Nearly all my grocery shopping is done at Trader Joes. Do other side stuff (bath soup, toilet paper, coffee creamer and so on) at other local supermarkets.

Only time i ever go to Walmart is when an item i need asap isnt obtainable from another store because of the time of day. For example my last trip to Walmart was for canned air at 9pm on a Sunday.

Around here the lowest income of people shop there. Staff is almost always miserable and the customers show a lack of a humanity.

Back