Why does the UFC put fighters coming off losses on main events ?

All of those look like fine main events to me.

main event of a fight night. he not a main event of a ppv with a title fight on it.

that how conor used as a way to duck cowboy at ufc 239.

They already broke the rule that Dana instituted form Conor (where if there's a title fight, it is the main event) for Conor-Nate.

When Conor decides to fight again, he'll be the main event of a ppv.. unless there's some crazy title fight they can make that gets close to a fight Conor can have. The only one I can think of off the top of my head would be Jones-Cormier.

He headlines a Fight Night if anything.

You can't put a non-title above a title match . That would be silly, and even Conor knows that.

What may happen is a PPV for a contender fight for the belt. They do a 5 rounder with Cerrone or Ferguson to get the winner of Khabib/Poirier

The co-main on that card would also be a contender match for another belt. Let's say Walker vs Reyes.

I'm sure whatever they do Conor gets PPV so he'll be happy. But come on, the guy is running on 2 losses and will have a tough time being any top 5 LW.

If Conor comes back he's fighting main event of a PPV, And they have already put a non title fight over a title fight as main event, so you are wrong as well.

If Conor comes back he's fighting main event of a PPV, And they have already put a non title fight over a title fight as main event, so you are wrong as well.

My memory fails me. Which PPV event had a non-title/non-contender, 5 round fight over a titled co-main?

They already broke the rule that Dana instituted form Conor (where if there's a title fight, it is the main event) for Conor-Nate.

When Conor decides to fight again, he'll be the main event of a ppv.. unless there's some crazy title fight they can make that gets close to a fight Conor can have. The only one I can think of off the top of my head would be Jones-Cormier.

ufc 196 was a one off event. he can be the main event if there no title fight. but the ufc knows a 3 round conor fight if better for him in the end.

conor as comain to ufc 239 would be good for all parties but he used that as a reason to duck cowboy.

the ufc isnt belaltor

ufc 196 was a one off event. he can be the main event if there no title fight. but the ufc knows a 3 round conor fight if better for him in the end.

conor as comain to ufc 239 would be good for all parties but he used that as a reason to duck cowboy.

the ufc isnt belaltor

UFC ain't Bellator, but it is a business. They know putting "McGregor" in the card name will make it $$$. Heck, we're talking about it right now.

On the Cowboy side. I didn't read enough about it. It would take a lot of money for Conor to take a risk IMO. He can beat Cowboy and the same vice versa but the amount of money he got offered (which would probably be considerably lower as a co-main I would think) probably makes it not worth the risk.

Sucks, but that's the monster that's been built

UFC ain't Bellator, but it is a business. They know putting "McGregor" in the card name will make it $$$. Heck, we're talking about it right now.

On the Cowboy side. I didn't read enough about it. It would take a lot of money for Conor to take a risk IMO. He can beat Cowboy and the same vice versa but the amount of money he got offered (which would probably be considerably lower as a co-main I would think) probably makes it not worth the risk.

Sucks, but that's the monster that's been built

any time conor fights it sells so conor in a comain event vs cowboy is a win win for all. ufc gets conor in a 3 round fight and conor still will sell millions of ppvs buys.

any time conor fights he risking the money training ending after losing to much.

the money conor was offered last year was awesome for conor to sign that 6 fight deal. so money is being used as a scapegoat.

conor makes what he makes no matter where he fighting. he gets his ppv buys no matter what he gets his part of the money that he always gets.

any time conor fights it sells so conor in a comain event vs cowboy is a win win for all. ufc gets conor in a 3 round fight and conor still will sell millions of ppvs buys.

any time conor fights he risking the money training ending after losing to much.

the money conor was offered last year was awesome for conor to sign that 6 fight deal. so money is being used as a scapegoat.

conor makes what he makes no matter where he fighting. he gets his ppv buys no matter what he gets his part of the money that he always gets.

I'm sure he gets a few more points if he's the main vs co-main. All speculation on my part.

I'm sure he gets a few more points if he's the main vs co-main. All speculation on my part.

conor always will get points that why him being comain event isnt that big a deal and makes conor a 3 round fight which is a win win for conor and the ufc.

Back