Why does the UFC not show current weight in the tail of the tape?

So is Jon Jones discredited for having a massive(!) reach advantage? I'd like to see this info, in most cases you can tell who is bigger anyway.

Yes, he's discredited constantly for his reach advantage. There are threads daily demanding that he go to HW to "fight guys his own size."

I prefer the speculation and conjecture about fighters weights, it makes for some hilarious assumptions passed off as facts.

I'd be very curious to see those numbers but I doubt it will happen. Reflects poorly on the brand if everyone is cutting a shitload of weight. I'd also like to see pre-training camp weigh ins. BJ Penn 300 lbs.

I'd love to see the fighters step on a scale just before getting in the cage so we can see what their fighting weight is. I don't think there should be any restrictions on fight weight it would just be interesting to know as a fan.

I'd be very curious to see those numbers but I doubt it will happen. Reflects poorly on the brand if everyone is cutting a shitload of weight. I'd also like to see pre-training camp weigh ins. BJ Penn 300 lbs.

I think I would look at freakish numbers with respect.
The fighters that would pull off being totally drained and perform well.

So is Jon Jones discredited for having a massive(!) reach advantage? I'd like to see this info, in most cases you can tell who is bigger anyway.

I agree, I just think I heard someone ask Dana that once and that was his reasoning. I always wonder the exact weight of the fighters in the cage though I wish we did know.

why it would just make sherdoggers make more excuses is discount victories due to weight advantage

Not really odd. I already know the info that you say would make things more fun, yet I'm acknowledging that I'm not having any fun despite knowing this info.

yeah but you never seem to be having fun so..

UFC-148-Tale-Tape.jpg

lmao!

That info is there if you upgrade to "Tale of the Tape Pro" for $7.99 extra per event

Back