Why does sherdog have a stiffy about prospects failing?

Because internet trolls are envious af

Peep some of the Conor threads circa 15-16 for hundreds of butt hurt sherbro’s, what a time

Nothing sherdog loves more than seeing people lose.

These people are failures who have never tried, let alone succeeded at anything, so if PVZ or someone like her loses it gives them comfort that they aren't alone in being failures. The difference is, PVZ and co will keep trying, keep challenging themselves and ultimately will succeed at something. The salty Sherdogger knows this and is bitter as fuck about it.

The stiffy is not from young prospects falling, it's from complete products of the most often annoying UFC hype machine getting exposed for being completely overrated by other sherdoggers who blindly buy into any hype coming out of that machine. And there's plenty of them.

I actually like Edmen more for fighting such a veteran as Brunson so early in his UFC career. I hated Diego, Forrest, Bisping and most pf these early TUF alumni who basically got a silk road to stardom with what I thought at the time were somewhat "gimme" fights. Looking back, I was wrong on a couple of occasions about that, and ended up liking guys like Diego and Bisping as they faced adversity and saw their character. And yes, it took a few losses to their records for me to appreciate these guys to their true value. But it worked for them, as I wanted so much to see them lose and get exposed that I actually was interested in their fights. So it's annoyingly effective, I'll be the first to admit.

But look at how last night's event was marketed: the narrative was all about Edmen, the guy who hasn't fought anybody yet but who's 22, training partner of Ronda, and scored a big KO in his last fight against a faded gatekeeper.

But Brunson, a guy who fought a who's who list of former champs and contenders, not even an attempt at generating any kind of hype or excitement in any event he were to win that fight.

I guess there's an "in your face" type of satisfaction towards the UFC hype machine as far as I am concerned.

It seems counterintuitive. Young, up and coming fighters are the future of the sport and build excitement when they have some momentum.

Then you have the sad sacks on here that can't ejaculate unless a new prospect fails. Seems like it's actively rooting against the sport that they pretend to be fans of.

What gives?

<KhabibBS>
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

People jump on hype trains equally as much as they shit on them, so it's not as black and white as you make it out to be. Some bandwagons, like Lando and PMP, are still going at it... And I'm not ashamed to be a part of them.

Well realists get upset having to listen to posters go on and on about how they are going to run-through the division so it is customary to cook the crow.

Simple because fans of those prospects get them so overhyped it's enjoyable to see them fail. Khazmat is a perfect example. I enjoy watching his fights and on a level hope he does well but all the rabid threads on here about him also means I'll enjoy it if and when he gets sparked. Same thing for Edmen given there was all the talk about him being the youngest UFC champ ever.
Its sad people find enjoyment out of someone's failure

Nothing wrong with being positive when an up and coming fighter who is working his way up is finding a lot of initial success. Why do people have to immediately try to limit their potential and talk down to them as if they hate to see people succeed coming from no where.

Its sad people find enjoyment out of someone's failure

Nothing wrong with being positive when an up and coming fighter who is working his way up is finding a lot of initial success. Why do people have to immediately try to limit their potential and talk down to them as if they hate to see people succeed coming from no where.
Depends on the person honestly and on their circumstances. Can't say I've ever been a fan of Tyron Woodley for example so I've very much enjoyed his fall, ditto Chris Weidman and Luke Rockhold. Also think Edmen's loss was in small part owing to his team shortcomings, something that could have been easily rectified. I think the UFC too plays a role in overhyping people and it’s funny to see their chosen prospects fail. Lastly I think there's a fine line between being positive and being annoying, I'd suggest looking at the flurry of threads about Khazmat where some definitely fall into the latter category so I freely admit if and when he should lose I'll likely enjoy it.

Last edited:
Because a lot of fans are jerks who want other’s to fail

People jump on hype trains equally as much as they shit on them, so it's not as black and white as you make it out to be. Some bandwagons, like Lando and PMP, are still going at it... And I'm not ashamed to be a part of them.
The Lando train is still alive?

Depends on the person honestly and on their circumstances. Can't say I've ever been a fan of Tyron Woodley for example so I've very much enjoyed his fall, ditto Chris Weidman and Luke Rockhold. Also think Edmen's loss was in small part owing to his team shortcomings, something that could have been easily rectified. I think the UFC too plays a role in overhyping people and it’s funny to see their chosen prospects fail. Lastly I think there's a fine line between being positive and being annoying, I'd suggest looking at the flurry of threads about Khazmat where some definitely fall into the latter category so I freely admit if and when he should lose I'll likely enjoy it.
that's his fans that are saying that
I dont really care about that, it doesnt effect me to the point where it will annoy me to the point where I dont like the fighter based on something out of his control and soI'll take pleasure out of his victory?? Like thats weird but you do you

that's his fans that are saying that
I dont really care about that, it doesnt effect me to the point where it will annoy me to the point where I dont like the fighter based on something out of his control and soI'll take pleasure out of his victory?? Like thats weird but you do you
No not his fans because unlike the guy's real fans all the thread starters will vanish/change their tune if and when he loses, that's a good laugh to me, I enjoy pointing out their hypocrisy as they move onto the next prospect etc.

Last edited:
Bacasuse they were not prospects at first place but manufactured showmen

Look at Sean o mallety. The day he meats a wrestler he will be broken in five parts.

And bw is a wrestle friendly division

The stiffy is not from young prospects falling, it's from complete products of the most often annoying UFC hype machine getting exposed for being completely overrated by other sherdoggers who blindly buy into any hype coming out of that machine. And there's plenty of them.

I actually like Edmen more for fighting such a veteran as Brunson so early in his UFC career. I hated Diego, Forrest, Bisping and most pf these early TUF alumni who basically got a silk road to stardom with what I thought at the time were somewhat "gimme" fights. Looking back, I was wrong on a couple of occasions about that, and ended up liking guys like Diego and Bisping as they faced adversity and saw their character. And yes, it took a few losses to their records for me to appreciate these guys to their true value. But it worked for them, as I wanted so much to see them lose and get exposed that I actually was interested in their fights. So it's annoyingly effective, I'll be the first to admit.

But look at how last night's event was marketed: the narrative was all about Edmen, the guy who hasn't fought anybody yet but who's 22, training partner of Ronda, and scored a big KO in his last fight against a faded gatekeeper.

But Brunson, a guy who fought a who's who list of former champs and contenders, not even an attempt at generating any kind of hype or excitement in any event he were to win that fight.

I guess there's an "in your face" type of satisfaction towards the UFC hype machine as far as I am concerned.

Yup, kinda disturbing last night after Brunson won I didn't feel in the interviews/Dana etc gave Brunson the credit he deserved.

Back