Why does Lombard still look big, muscular and ripped, but Overeem doesn't?

This, a lot of gains from steroids can be maintained if you haven't fucked your body completely. Of course it is easier when you are a lot smaller
Yup. Proper diet and training allows you to maintain a significant portion of your gains permanently.

I can't say with 100% certainty that he's clean now, and besides muscle built over a lifetime doesn't just evaporate overnight.

He is roughly 10 to 15 lbs lighter in the scale but he is also a bit less lean, so it appears he has lost a bit more muscle then actual scale weight.

Also it's very important to understand that USADA has not entirely eliminated PEDs. It has limited them and forced the athletes to cut back and be more careful. I am sure some athletes have completely ceased all prior protocols, but more then likely the advanced and long term user has just scaled back and become smarter.

So when we see an athlete maintain most of what they were prior to USADA, this is more then likely the reason. Things are never black and white.

All natty
lom.jpg

assisted
hector-lombard-poses-for-a-post-fight-portrait-during-the-ufc-182-on-picture-id461003440

muscle built over a lifetime doesn't just evaporate overnight.

This is true and i think Lombard has been consistently very muscular whereas Overeem has gone from the 205 pounds in Pride to 240 pound HW, then the "horse meat" Overeem at 265, then back down to 250, and now 244 so his body has yo-yo'd up and down in mass whereas Lombard has had mass for a long time and that doesn;t evaporate overnight as you said.

Why does Woodley still look big and ripped when Lawler looks shrunken and smaller?

Same reason Romero looks as ripped as ever, those Cuban Olympians know how to beat USADA testing. That's why I actually believe Romero's tainted supplement excuse and Lombard's excuse that some chick drugged him.

obviously Lombard was a lot cleaner than what the majority of people perceived him to be.

Meanwhile Overeem's gains came purely through horse meat diet.

It makes sense. If Overeem had the natural propensity for gaining large amounts of muscle mass, why would he wait until relatively late in his fighting career to get bog and strong? He spent a LONG time as a fairly skinny 205 pounder on a 6 foot 4 inch frame. To think that later on he fought at SIXTY POUNDS HEAVIER WITH NO FAT is remarkable. So yeah, horsemen was the key and even so, he still had to have the genetic propensity for gaining muscle mass fairly easily and quickly. Most men could eat nothing but horsemeat for 10 straight years, train hard, and still never gain anything remotely close to 60 pounds of muscle or even half that much muscle.

Lombard was always clean, he was framed like many fighters were by people who wanted to ruin the good name of American Clean Team.

Back