• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why does Jon Jones and his fans think he deserves a big payday?

He’s clearly going to ask for a pay increase whenever the subject of going up to heavyweight comes along. As he should. If the UFC is never willing to increase the pay he’s never going up to heavyweight. That’s what it is. And that’s not about being a coward. It’s about smart business. Look at the boxing model. Who takes a big and difficult fight without tireless negotiation over the salary? Nobody.

The risk has to reward them in some way too.

They're already fed up with him for constantly getting into shit that makes them look bad.

So why would they reward this person with a huge fight and millions?

Well I dont fucking know, but they will

$$$$$$$
UFC is also ran by smart people who saw Jones struggle bigtime against Smith who just got owned by 40 year old Glover and a random guy on meth.

How do they benefit from putting him against a guy with 35 lbs on him who doesnt really draw huge numbers... and paying them both waaaaay more?

Only if Jones wins... but we all dont think he will. UFC brass isnt dumb these days. It doesnt make sense for anyone. Will not happen. It would take huge money for them to do this
If the fight got signed, Jones would be a betting favorite to win the fight. Guaranteed.

If the fight got signed, Jones would be a betting favorite to win the fight. Guaranteed.
I didn't say he wouldnt.

I actually think he could win but he would have to man up alot and it would be a huge test.

And I agree it's what us hardcore fans want...

But the UFC wants to make money off Jones. Allowing him to remain undefeated beating lhws allows them to make a bunch of money

Letting him lose to some bigass HW (who honestly does not show the signs of being a huge star who fights for another 10 years).. it doesnt make sense in the long run.

UFC brass knows this. They want to make big money until they retire... not make alot in one night.

So JJ refused to fight Francis due to less pay.

You can be 100% sure JJ would have made a lot more for this fight. Thats why Dana and other UFC will just laugh about that at the moment. Alone the PPV would have been much more.

Its really just a media stunt. A little like Mayweather wanting nothing to do with a prime Pacman.

Imo it just shows what huge balls someone like Evander Holyfield had. Sure he roided up (Jones does the same) but he had quite the smaller frame than his opponents at HW and went in there and really fought everyone.

Mike Tyson came out of prison for rape, and instantly started making massive paychecks. And this was 25 years ago. Can people stop with this good guy bullshit? This is why some of the bigger fights in the UFC never got made. GSP/Anderson Silva. People wanted that one for years. Well G maybe if Dana was willing to offer GSP a lot of money it might’ve happened. But I’m sure that’s not what he did. It was a same old deal on the same old contract. That’s not how you get shit done.
These people with this fake ass kung fu moral Confucius shit can eat a dick down to the stump. Take that shit to a dojo not prize fighting.

Dunno why you think my post is pro jones. I don't like him. But he is a big draw and people watch his fights. You are posting in a thread about him right now. People want to see Jones, a guy who's known for just tanking a lot of shots he can't frame his way out of fight the biggest puncher in MMA Heavyweight history. So obviously they should pay him.
This

So JJ refused to fight Francis due to less pay. Think about it. Would any other sport league/team tolerate Jon Jones for the amount of times he has fucked up? He has done everything. Attempted manslaughter, multiple DUIs, felonies, caught cheating many times and what not. Everytime it was the UFC that bailed him out and used its influence to get him reduced sentences. If not for them he would be a nobody today.
He should feel lucky that UFC didnt bury him and still pays him after all this. So better stop whining and accept whatever is being thrown at you. Its what you deserve.

He definitely deserves more than Big Frank, cause he been put in the work young blood. How else do you think this shit works? Are you semi or pretty simple (like a lady)?

I can certainly see why he'd want a bigger payday to take that fight. He's been at the top of his division for years and is one of their bigger draws. Him moving up to HW to take on a much bigger feared fighter definitely deserves a raise. That said, i don't know how much he was expecting and business is very different for the company at the moment.

Being a top 3 PPV draw the last 10 years, going up in weight to fight the top 3 scariest HW in the UFC, widely perceived the GOAT. If someone has to explain these things perhaps Spit Bubbling is a better sport for you

So JJ refused to fight Francis due to less pay. Think about it. Would any other sport league/team tolerate Jon Jones for the amount of times he has fucked up? He has done everything. Attempted manslaughter, multiple DUIs, felonies, caught cheating many times and what not. Everytime it was the UFC that bailed him out and used its influence to get him reduced sentences. If not for them he would be a nobody today.
He should feel lucky that UFC didnt bury him and still pays him after all this. So better stop whining and accept whatever is being thrown at you. Its what you deserve.
Conor has fucked up just as much in shorter space of time. Jones has the edge with the pregnant woman but everything else matches bro. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. If you bend over backwards for your son conor you should at least to a lesser extent because conor is a bigger star, entertain jones' demands. He's also a draw and the GOAT. I personally wouldn't tolerate it at all but dana has set a bad precedent. So... Yeah as far as his merit goes, if there's anyone who deserves a payday it's jones. Didn't know your extracurricular activities could preclude you from one.

It's funny because when dj tried to leverage they said Noone cares about him. People give a shit about jones but they're still stuffing him? This level is nuclear level gear bruh. You don't let this kind of shit slip buy. Put a clause in the contract that suspends immediate payment and allows jones to be back paid when things normalize or idk behind the scenes cede some debt someone owes the overlord at endeavor or something like that.

It's not like he putting Conor or Ronda type numbers anyway. This dude ain't even a superstar.

He knows his baby kicks and weak ass punches wont be enough to keep a HW like Ngannou at bay.

All I’m saying is, Tiger woods is still playing golf. Individual sports tend to allow more leniency

Tiger Woods cheated on his wife? That’s not an issue in any sport.

He actually draws. There's maybe 5 guys in the sport that do that at this point. But if he wants Conor money, he's crazy. Just give him a couple of $100,000 more to shut him up so we can see him get knocked out.

I'm far from a fan but yea he deserves it. You guys act like he killed someone. Hes just a dumbass who likes to party.

And somehow cant be beaten. Lol that's the stupid part. The sport we love cant find anyone that can beat this idiot.

He will fall off hard after one loss. Probably be cut and just some name you read about in lower promotions for like another decade

Just some name? That is the dumbest thing I’ve read lately. Like Fedor losing towards the end of his career he is still considered the best because of what he did in his prime. Jon could lose many a time that doesn’t take away from how incredible he has been and no he won’t “be just some name”.

Last edited:
Attempted manslaughter?

-Ass beaten by Reyes
-Lost to Santos
-Very tough fight against Gus, arguable loss
-Injects steroids, hasn't looked impressive without them a single time
-regularly cheats via eye pokes
-regularly lies about moving divisions
-has to be bailed out of jail every weekend for new criminal activity

Damn it's hard to believe the UFC doesn't want to work with this guy

He hid under a cage to avoid steroid testing. Is that worth anything?

Back