Why does it seem like the majority of the viewers despise/hate Jon Anik?

I like them all for the most part, but clearly for everyone there are favorites. I do really like Stann and KenFlo. Stann primarily because of his background as a fighter, his intelligence and how well spoken he is. I like Kenny because he has such a solid grasp of the ground game. Listening to him commentate the last Metamoris was definitely enjoyable for me.

With guys like Anik and Goldberg, I feel that they serve their role properly. They keep the broadcast focused and let Rogan/Kenny/Stann just freestyle a bit and give their insight and analysis. In an ideal world, I would love if Jimmy Smith from Bellator could make his way over to the UFC. I'm a big fan of his and think he'd be a great addition....although that will most likely never happen based on the current promotional circumstances.

Overall, I feel the likes of Anik and Goldberg are quite serviceable in their positions. That being said, its a free country, so if people want to hate em....go right on ahead.

He sounds to much like florian, I listen to them and never know who's talking

His "just what the doctor ordered" did it for me. He's a fake very biased (he nearly French kissed that Cruickshank dude after his win over Koch) dude, and I can't help but think he doesn't even want to be doing MMA but a different sport. Give me Goldie and Rogan over him, Florian and Stann (not even mentioning the strange poshy British dude that's acting like he is in a play) every day of the week. Hardy is also very good.

i dont hate him but anik/florian combo is just freaking terrible.
when they were doing the kz-poirier fight, it sounded almost as if they were trying to make it sound boring.

Seeing him reminds me of what Dana thinks of the fans, instead of giving us Mauro Ranallo or Michael Schiavello, we get Aniks blandness and KenFlo trying his hardest to balance his oversized Panerai.

Terrible commentator. Watching fights with his play-by-play makes them a hundred times more boring.

i dont actually hate him as a person...

but as a commentator i do hate him. He does nothing for me watching the fights.

- He doesnt provide anything on the technical side
- I wouldnt consider him color commentary
- It sounds like his excitement is very forced (whether true or not thats how it sounds)
- He stares into peoples soulds during interview

ihwMLix36FatR.gif

lol! This is a funny gif, but I have no problem with Anik whatsoever. Then again, I don't pay too much attention to commentary.

Seeing him reminds me of what Dana thinks of the fans, instead of giving us Mauro Ranallo or Michael Schiavello, we get Aniks blandness and KenFlo trying his hardest to balance his oversized Panerai.

Exactly. Evil bald Dana gives us one of his bald minions to torture us!

Should fire him and bring Gus Johnson to replace him.

I don't really like Anik and I hate Goldberg. Mainly because they're just yelling out commercials and so on.

The tale of the tape is brought to you by Bud Light, heeeeeere we gooooooooooooooo!

he kinda looks like max Kellerman with no hair; I'm not sure how that would factor into the hatred anyway.

but I like him. I think he's fuckin great. fans are just punks, in general. they hate him because he wasn't there to call tito/chuck 1, I guess

No problem with J Anik, but hearing Bas, Mauro, Quaddros, you will know the difference.

What did he do? He does look like Matt Lauer by the way...but what is it about him that gets people to hate him? I don't watch his interviews or that show so I wouldn't really know. I just keep hearing about him.

No one hates him. Youre mistaking criticism of his commentating for some personal beef against him.

What did he do? He does look like Matt Lauer by the way...but what is it about him that gets people to hate him? I don't watch his interviews or that show so I wouldn't really know. I just keep hearing about him.

I don't hate him. H eis just boring and I'd rather have someone else commentate.

Well I think the main reasons are zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

He sucks. He shows little interest in MMA and I don't like listening to him trying to hype up fights he clearly doesn't care about. I don't "hate" him, I just don't like him as an MMA commentator; I prefer Rogan and Goldberg to Anik and Florian. You can tell Rogan and Goldberg really care about the sport, they get hyped. Anik? Not so much.

This. Plus his reactions to the action is awful. A guy gets put out cold and he's describing what's happening instead of passionately reacting like Joe does. Nothing's better than seeing a big shot landed and Rogan going "ooohhhh" at the top of his voice

I liked him when he filled in for Goldie during his bender. But when he is with Florian it just gets muddled because they both are close in vocal range.

Back