Why does it seem like the majority of the viewers despise/hate Jon Anik?

99Silva

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What did he do? He does look like Matt Lauer by the way...but what is it about him that gets people to hate him? I don't watch his interviews or that show so I wouldn't really know. I just keep hearing about him.

People only don't like him on here. It's mostly Kenny Florian being paired with him that gets me. Stann is great with him, IMO.

Because he's not the usual commentator and people are averse to change

Last edited:
Lol judging by the comments about him, you would think he's this huge piece of shit. Anything featuring him gets a huge number of "I fucking hate anik" comments but he's a pretty cool guy. Him and Kenny just seem kind of noting together tho. Kenny is just as bad IMO.

It's because he could play himself as an android on Star Trek, yet he is commentating an MMA fight.

How can you hate Anik?

By his very nature he makes no impression at all.

His voice is awful, I have to turn down the treble on my amp for every event he does. He never says anything with any substance.
And he acts like an android, the weird head bobbing he does to emphasize every word he says, is weird and creepy.

jon_anik.jpg

He sucks. He shows little interest in MMA and I don't like listening to him trying to hype up fights he clearly doesn't care about. I don't "hate" him, I just don't like him as an MMA commentator; I prefer Rogan and Goldberg to Anik and Florian. You can tell Rogan and Goldberg really care about the sport, they get hyped. Anik? Not so much.

Many MMA fans hate everything about more conventional sports, and his vanilla-style mixed with his ESPN origins make many people feel like he's a generic sportscaster who just landed in a good spot.

I personally think he's just another dude doing a job that barely anyone's actually good at doing at this point. Rogan's even been a bit shoddy lately, and I think he's the bar-none best ever.

i dont actually hate him as a person...

but as a commentator i do hate him. He does nothing for me watching the fights.

- He doesnt provide anything on the technical side
- I wouldnt consider him color commentary
- It sounds like his excitement is very forced (whether true or not thats how it sounds)
- He stares into peoples soulds during interview

ihwMLix36FatR.gif

I wish he'd go back to just doing his espn mma chat. His commentating makes me want to stab myself in the ears with an ice pick

Don't you know the way that message boards work, the more things you can think of to complain about the better?

Anik is fine..

I find his 'Joe Rogan man voice' imitation kind of cute

People always comment about their dislikes here much more than things they like. It's just perception

For me, Stann is the guy I'm not excited to watch. Seems sooo rehearsed to the point of being robotic and fake.. Plus, I'm not thrilled with his corporate puppet/military background always being mentioned like it something to be sooo proud of..

Lol judging by the comments about him, you would think he's this huge piece of shit. Anything featuring him gets a huge number of "I fucking hate anik" comments but he's a pretty cool guy. Him and Kenny just seem kind of noting together tho. Kenny is just as bad IMO.

I actually prefer Anik to Kenny...Kenny bugs the shit out of me.

The UFC in Japan he said tremendous a tremendous amount of times and it for whatever reason, killed me a little inside each time I heard it.

anytime there is a KO or a submission, the way he says the name of the winner is super annoying.

I don't think he offers much as a commentator and his interviews after the fight are crap.

He's also just as good as everybody else in the same position though.

Anik leaves me with a very 'bleh' feeling. I don't really care about him one way or the other, but I also don't find him electric in those crucial exciting MMA moments.

Whereas I don't really like Goldberg, but he at least sounds excited and has a little get-up-and-go in his voice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back