Why does Dana talk bad about his champ?

Tyrone is marketable. He seems to be on tmz every other day. Dana is just a sore loser.
Honestly I feel like you’ve answered your own question right here.

I’d suggest you are in the minority when you say you enjoyed how Woodley shut down Wonderboy. Their second fight was fantastically dull. Possibly that’s why Dana wanted him gone? He turned up in a big way today though, great to see him put it on Till.

I was saying morally but hey, whatever works my dude.
Ah gotcha ;) Can do!
And Hey, if you're ever in Appalachia and wanna have some sweet nasty hillbilly man-sex straight out of Deliverance, hit me up....

I was saying morally but hey, whatever works my dude.
And just to be clear right now, I am indeed Joking. I find male genitalia repugnant and abhorrent. Hell, I don't see eye to eye with my own little fella half the time... always wants me to stick him in questionable places of dubious reputation

He's a moron. An incredibly lucky moron.

He somehow can't seem to understand that shitting on his fighters HURTS the fighter AND the UFC.
He is successful DESPITE his stupidity because this is such a niche sport and the UFC got in on the ground floor before anyone else

Ah gotcha ;) Can do!
And Hey, if you're ever in Appalachia and wanna have some sweet nasty hillbilly man-sex straight out of Deliverance, hit me up....
That sounds amazing.
I just broke up with my chick so it’s much needed. I need to get my mind off things.

And just to be clear right now, I am indeed Joking. I find male genitalia repugnant and abhorrent. Hell, I don't see eye to eye with my own little fella half the time... always wants me to stick him in questionable places of dubious reputation
Lol, I know man. I like to take things and run with it so don’t mind me. Awkward situations are my forte.

Come on guys, Dana can't be racist he fucked Chandella.

Cause he’s black.
Are you going to pretend to ignore that he wants Ngannou to win so badly against Stipe?

He hates champs who isn’t markeable. Khabib will be his next target to dehumanize when Khabib ends Conor’s career.

he wants marketable champs.

I think it's more about demographics rather than marketability. I think it's also clear Dana is not a fan of grapplers.

You'd know better than anyone that if GSP wasn't Canadian, there's probably a good chance he doesn't bring in the crowds or sell the PPVs he did.

If Till had won last night, I think there would have been a good sized crowd from England travelling over to the US for his next fight - same as the Canadians do with GSP and the Irish do with Conor.

I'd be curious to hear what people mean when they say someone is 'marketable' cause I don't see the UFC, on the whole, marketing their fighter's very well. They do those mini documentary, get to know the fighter, type thingys but not a whole lot outside of that.

I think it's more about demographics rather than marketability. I think it's also clear Dana is not a fan of grapplers.

You'd know better than anyone that if GSP wasn't Canadian, there's probably a good chance he doesn't bring in the crowds or sell the PPVs he did.

If Till had won last night, I think there would have been a good sized crowd from England travelling over to the US for his next fight - same as the Canadians do with GSP and the Irish do with Conor.

I'd be curious to hear what people mean when they say someone is 'marketable' cause I don't see the UFC, on the whole, marketing their fighter's very well. They do those mini documentary, get to know the fighter, type thingys but not a whole lot outside of that.

i wonder what exactly the ufc is supposed to do to market fighters knowing that one loss can set them back. their most successful money earners have marketed themselves or just continued to win. dillashaw isnt very marketable either but he wins.

yes i agree with demographics. it would suit the ufc to have champs from all over the world, or certain types. thays why hardy is being pushed because he fits that AAA athlete mold, they can milk that. same thing with yair, gus, japanese fighters etc etc.

Tyron is boring and the fans dont like him. Tyron basically doesnt sell PPV and make the company money.

But fuck it, lets play the race card!

Dana is trying hard to build a new Conor now that the conman is pricing himself out of MMA, so you might say Dana had a large wager on the outcone of this fight: Till becoming a future top star of the company and having his big coronation with a win here, but Woodley pissed on his parade.

i wonder what exactly the ufc is supposed to do to market fighters knowing that one loss can set them back.

I really enjoyed that Prime Time special they did before GSP v Penn II. I wasn't rooting for or against anyone in that fight, but those episodes made the build more personable than say the Embedded shows. I imagine those Prime Time shows cost a lot of coin and the UFC just didn't want to shell out for them anymore.

MMA is still very American and Brazilian centric. I think looking at it from the outside; American fighter's just don't have the home fan bases like a Conor or GSP. I'm sure a lot of those fans couldn't tell you who a thing about MMA, but an excuse for a drunken weekend in Vegas - they're probably the 1st one's to buy tickets.

Irish people will jump on a sporting bandwagon and probably because we don't produce consistent sporting talent on a global stage. I'm not sure if that's the same with Canada (and GSP) In all honesty, I couldn't name an ice hockey player or a Canadian sportsman/woman who is well known.

I think any fighter looking to get fans to know them can't go wrong with their own vlogs, but a lot of them come across as repetitive the more you watch them and show how mundane a fighter's day to day routine can be.

Dana White wanted Till because they can tap into UK market.
At the moment you have:

Flyweight - Cejudo -> Mexican/Americans
Bantam - Dillashaw -> All American
FeatherWeight - Hawaii (small market)-> Ortega can tap into larger Mexican American
Lightweight - Khabib -> Russia (small market for ppv)
WelterWeight - Tyron (small market)
Middleweight - Australia
Light Heavy - Cormier (fox relationship)
Heavy - Cormier (fox relationship)

It would have been better to have:

Flyweight - Dillashaw -> All American
Bantam - Dillashaw -> All American
FeatherWeight - Aldo - Brazil Market
Lightweight - Conor -> Ireland & UK market
WelterWeight - Till (Uk Market)
Middleweight - Australia
Light Heavy - Cormier (fox relationship)
Heavy - Ngannou (France Market /Europe)

The goal is global dominance to expand the markett and not just rely on the US market.
At the moment we're lacking (Brazil market for men)

Big markets are: US, UK, Canada, Australia and Brazil

Why the fark do you think Whittaker won the decision against Romero and then Romero wasnt allowed to make weight (its all organised )

Problem is that Tyron didnt want to play ball.
Thats actually why i like him so much.

Last edited:
because he's a delusional & incompetent sore bitch?

I think it was because of UFC 209. Khabib and Tony both pulled out, and if I remember the whole card sucked and the main event was the worst title fight in history. I think 209 replaced 208 being cancelled and the UFC product was looking really bad at the time. Dana being Dana had to blame someone so he threw Tyron under the bus.

I think that's how it went anyway.

Because he is a whining, unprofessional little asshole.

Back