Why does Cormier not have cauliflower ear?

You can still get cauliflower ear even with headgear.
Highly unlikely unless the headgear is woefully inadequate.
Headgears are designed specifically to prevent ear damage and cauliflower ear. However, all it takes is one incident without the headgear to damage an ear.

You actually cant get cauliflower ear with headgear. Thats why headgear was made. Ask any wrestler who wore headgear properly and they will agree. I wrestled for 7 years and the only c-ear I got was from not wearing headgear.

He's an olympic wrestler with more hours logged than 99 percent of wrestlers it's a valid question.

How do you know how many hours he puts in a week? Some people are naturally talented while others have to work for it. If you don't personally know DC then you have no say.

Some people just aren't susceptible to it for whatever reason. I know guys who have grappled over 10 years without getting it. I got one within two months of starting.

429148_318784148232710_1999870765_n.jpg

As shown in this thread he has Cauliliflower ears...

How do you know how many hours he puts in a week? Some people are naturally talented while others have to work for it. If you don't personally know DC then you have no say.

You're being obtuse.
You DON'T become a wrestler of Daniels calibre without putting a lifetime into it which includes countless hours.

I wrestled 10 years and have some hardening, but it isn't noticeable at all. I never wore headgear except matches. I've had swelling in my ears, but I iced afterward and got it drained at the hospital, not by a random guy at the gym. Most people who get it bad had an infection in there.

You're being obtuse.
You DON'T become a wrestler of Daniels calibre without putting a lifetime into it which includes countless hours.

False. I know people that put less hours, effort into their craft and are 10x better then people like myself that go home an analyze how they can improve and get better at whatever their interest is. We're all humans only the wiring is different.

Wow.. Great thread. Maybe he always used headgear? Do some research into what causes cauliflower ears before asking such a question but you are a whitebelt so maybe we're just building a post count

Wow! Great reply. Really progressive. Great Bluebelt stuff. Keep it up. Make all bluebelts proud.

Wow! Great reply. Really progressive. Great Bluebelt stuff. Keep it up. Make all bluebelts proud.

Lol damn right. Bluebelt rep is on my shoulders. The level of stupid bluebelt threads is much greater than the level of stupid whitebelt threads I'm sure. You caught me..

I think black people get it less sometimes. For example Rashad, Rampage, King Mo, etc. But that can also be.....not true.

Well he obviously wore one of those retard helmets that wrestlers use.

yeah i had a friend who would always wear those ear-hat things. "hey sauce check out my new head hat now i won't get ear damage". 2 years ago he ended up overdosing on Tums and sadly doctors were unable to revive him.

Headgear and some people don't mess around when their ears get hurt in training. They either take a couple days off or get it checked out if it's bad.

I used to get made fun of at my BJJ school for refusing to let my ears get fucked up like that. I don't care if it's a badge, it's fuckin heinous.

U srs?

Back