Why does Conor want the main event spot / the belt?

His last ppv was something like 2.5 M buys, maybe that's why.

Has a ton of fans, a ton of haters that want to see him tap to neck cranks and a ton of name recognition that would make a casual buy a PPV that otherwise they wouldn't. He is not gonna charge 8K/8K to put his name on a PPV and for the money he asks the UFC is not gonna have him fight Gregor Gillespie on the prelims of an ESPN event in Iowa.

Isn't that... like... obvious?

Ego. Same reason he does all the other shit he does. He has enough money to tell the world to fuck off, but he needs that attention.

obviously it was ppv points, but now with espn+ ppv i don't see why he would anymore.

I've seen this repeated a few times but I don't think its very accurate.

The UFC PPV deal with ESPN is going to get re-negotiated or exited entirely if they keep having flops. They absolutely need to get those numbers up to keep their partners in the UFC PPV business. Its also reported that the deal has a split for the UFC to take home revenue over a specific marker, eg, they are highly motivated to have Conor or any draw pull big numbers.

Disney isn't going to subsidize the UFC just for fun. They will need some ROI. Virtually all of these deals have break points and clauses for terminating.

The PPV's were through the roof because of Conor. Khabib vs. Dustin will not draw as much. Conor's next fight will draw more. Class fooking dismissed.
Nobody cares about conor anymore. He's old news. Cant beat the top fighters of the division. Hell he even ducked Cerrone.

He's not a five round fighter......

giphy.gif
You do know that you don't have to fight all 5rds to get the main event money and ppv points...

Nobody cares about conor anymore. He's old news. Cant beat the top fighters of the division. Hell he even ducked Cerrone.
Cerrone? Love the guy but he can't beat the champs, of which Conor is. Dos Anjos hurt his foot and lucked out not fighting Conor. The guy who wrecked RDA? Not so lucky. You're a dumbass.

So he can promote his whisky

Cerrone? Love the guy but he can't beat the champs, of which Conor is. Dos Anjos hurt his foot and lucked out not fighting Conor. The guy who wrecked RDA? Not so lucky. You're a dumbass.
Conor aint a champ. He got stripped of all his belts for not defending them. Cerrone wanted to fight him and Conor ducked. Gaethje wanted to fight him in Ireland and Conor ducked. He hasnt won a fight in 3 years. Having been KO'd and Choked Out since then. LOL

Man, your life must suck. Living and sucking up to a person who dont even know you.

Last edited:
He deserves it due to being a big draw but I see what you are getting at.

Taking co-main events vs. almost gntd wins would be the smart move. I actually think Conor has peaked and is on the downside. He simply hasn't been active enough and got too rich too quick to stay at his peak.

Back