• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why does Conor not engage in grappling

I've also read that he 'spars" with guys way younger than than him (amateurs) who maybe have better boxing skills but aren't able to deal with his "man" power. Have read that he was beating younger men (boys) in sparring during the camp for Floyd.
Just shows what a coward he his, that is all evident in the way he presents his back to his opponent when the going gets tough.

Imagine if that was Conor on the end of Oliviera's arm bar the other week, do you think he wouldve toughed it out until the end of the round?

Or would he have squealed like a pig and screamed and tapped?

"Me arm me arm me arm"

"me arm is like a fooooookin beach ball i tell ya"

"That arm bar is a goodun, never knew about that before, maybe I should've gone to me BJJ classes with Kav"

Last edited:
Really?

Where did you learn that? Karate Kid?

Sweeping the leg is not illegal, we have seen it hundreds of times from wrestlers and BJJ guys. I have seen DC have the single leg in this position many times before and lift the opponents leg high and go for the sweep finish, I have also seen DC run away from Jones and him kicking his leg to sweep him.

We also saw Nate sweep connor in the second fight for Nate to score the take down and what should've won him the fight.

Clearly far to many people on this board have zero clue on martial arts

correct. It’s been a dirty tactic long before the 1984 all valley karate tournament.
Johnny Lawrence wasn’t the first. But sweeping the leg , and I don’t believe anyone since 84 swept the leg until maybe 25 years later. And we saw it in mma like the eyepokes.

this isn’t a street fight. These are organized events we’re talking about.

He needs to assert himself. Go for a power double leg take down. Gain full mount. Interlocking Fish Smash the shit of his next opponent.

Could not agree more TS, could not agree more.
I like how presista r you are woth this meme.
I sees commentos of your ok it any thresz i go in.

Because he's more dangerous, and generally in less danger, when he's standing. That's like asking why Chuck Liddell or Wanderlei didn't use their grappling much.

Last edited:
He caught Dustins single leg on a number of occasions and could've easily gone for the foot sweep finish.

Why is he scared to engage in any grappling or clinch work?
His leg was fcked yuh goof, if the ref didn't stop the fight so early, Conor would have hobbled on his good leg and worked Dustin in the third!

:p

correct. It’s been a dirty tactic long before the 1984 all valley karate tournament.
Johnny Lawrence wasn’t the first. But sweeping the leg , and I don’t believe anyone since 84 swept the leg until maybe 25 years later. And we saw it in mma like the eyepokes.

this isn’t a street fight. These are organized events we’re talking about.
The fuck are you babbling about. What karate.
Leg sweeps are basic muay thai techniques that are taught in any muay thai biggeners class and is used in mauy thai since the biggining of time till this day. I’ve seen Wandelei sweep people in ufc and that was in the 21st century.

who the fuck sweeps legs in a street fight... you’re weird

Because he's never evolved. He's a striker who's been tapped four times and slept.

His leg was fcked yuh goof, if the ref didn't stop the fight so early, Conor would have hobbled on his good leg and worked Dustin in the third!

:p
His leg was fookt? From that new technique Doostin taught him, low calf kick?

Why did he attempt to change levels before he got knocked out if his leg was f'd? If he was brave enough then, why wasn't he brave enough when he had the single?

Oh yeah, he doesn't know how to grapple, unless he is in danger of getting knocked out and starts to panic wrestle.

The fuck are you babbling about. What karate.
Leg sweeps are basic muay thai techniques that are taught in any muay thai biggeners class and is used in mauy thai since the biggining of time till this day. I’ve seen Wandelei sweep people in ufc and that was in the 21st century.

who the fuck sweeps legs in a street fight... you’re weird
Conormorons for you

Think sweeping is illegal lol, they also think chokes are illegal too as they are a danger to hurting Conor.

According to them knocking your opponent out and hitting them when they have dropped is not allowed, unless your name is Conor.

Grabbing shorts and elbow the head IS allowed, again only if your name is Conor

You are aware when you have the opportunity to take someone down, for example having the single leg. If you were to proceed and take your opponent down, that would class as "finishing" the take down

Maybe if you tried some martial arts, primarily grappling such as Wrestling or BJJ, you would be aware when Conor caught the leg on a number of occasions, he clearly had a single leg take down opportunity.

From this position, you have a number of "finishes", such as turning the corner or sweeping the foot.

Maybe you should try grappling some time, and learn about finishes

Kid I'm a 5th dan in judo and a bjj black belt. Im literally laughing at you and your ideas of Conor's skillset. This isn't Jon Jones catching DC's kick and foot sweeping him. This is front runner, crap cardio, Conor holding a foot far too high and far too inside to complete a single leg.

Kid I'm a 5th dan in judo and a bjj black belt. Im literally laughing at you and your ideas of Conor's skillset. This isn't Jon Jones catching DC's kick and foot sweeping him. This is front runner, crap cardio, Conor holding a foot far too high and far too inside to complete a single leg.
You should learn how to read

I am not claiming Conor has the skill set am I, I am saying quite the opposite

Why didn't Conor just kick the leg for the take down? BECAUSE THE FOOL CANT CAUsE HE IS USELESS AT GRAPPLING AND CANNOT ENGAGE CAUSE HE WILL GAS.

Read my posts, and maybe you will realize I am being ironic.

Wow your a 5th Dan and BB, congrats. Then you will know how easy it is to take someone down when you have the leg like Conor did, or at least be brave enough to engage and attempt to FINISH the take down. I know blue belts who would attempt that on any black belt given the chance, so no excuses as to why Conor didn't, except for the obvious reasons we all know.

You should learn how to read

I am not claiming Conor has the skill set am I, I am saying quite the opposite

Why didn't Conor just kick the leg for the take down? BECAUSE THE FOOL CANT CAUsE HE IS USELESS AT GRAPPLING AND CANNOT ENGAGE CAUSE HE WILL GAS.

Read my posts, and maybe you will realize I am being ironic.

Wow your a 5th Dan and BB, congrats. Then you will know how easy it is to take someone down when you have the leg like Conor did, or at least be brave enough to engage and attempt to FINISH the take down. I know blue belts who would attempt that on any black belt given the chance, so no excuses as to why Conor didn't, except for the obvious reasons we all know.
I don't read piss belt shitposts. Sorry I offended you.

Didn't he try and tarnish Khabib as a "Ball sniffer" he's afraid to ball sniff clearly.
10191fc8cfd2a18075d5f9461e835f2c.gif

Because ConMan already knew it is gonna gas himself out20210126_033559.jpg

1. Grappling doesn't give you all the PPV records.

2. Dustin looked about 30 pounds heavier than Conor.

3. Conor is the ultimate entertainer.
LOL what excuses

Real fighters fight for honor and pride

He caught Dustins single leg on a number of occasions and could've easily gone for the foot sweep finish.

Why is he scared to engage in any grappling or clinch work?

It doesn’t strike me as scared. He just prefers the Ko. His counter grappling is solid. But he uses it to get back to the striking. He is stronger in the striking than the grappling. His strategy makes sense. And the counter grappling worked against Dustin. He lost due to being out struck not out grappled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back