Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by alexgncw, Aug 19, 2005.
whats ur main reason for training ... ex: mma, self defense, to loose weight/get in shape, fun, etc
to beat the guy that is beating me.
slowly being able to get closer and closer to beating the guys that beat my ass the first day i came in is what keeps me going.
Each one i surpass gets me more pumped for the next one in line........ Its such a long ass line though.
Plus i love the anarobic work out, and i love the feeling of clean technique.
My main reason is that I enjoy it (BJJ). I love every part of the training.
I also want to get in really good shape (hence the additional training I do) and would like to try for at least one pro-MMA fight eventually.
I completely agree with you. I used to go into class and get schooled by every one I rolled with. I just keep working and working eventually most of those guys stopped and I kept training, caught up to them and started schooling them, My thinking is there will always be someone better than you and I plan to get though everyone of them. Thats why I train.
to try to learn bjj
It is fun...
I hate training, but I keep going to get better.
I keep going because I enjoy the people I train with, I like to stay in shape, and I feel good about my improvement.
I started because playing sports is more fun than working out and it's a good way to stay fit. I picked BJJ because the price is reasonable (compared to ice hockey) and my buddy convinced me it was a cool thing to learn.
because it's FUN!!!
Fun, fitness, comradery with other guys in class, appreciation of the art/technique. Very little of it is self defense. I haven't gotten in a real fight in decades.
fun, exercise, self-defense...keeps me busy so I'm not drinking 5-7 days a week.
I just had my first BJJ class last night (Gracie Barra Mamazinho in Seattle). It's an incredible fighting art, and a great workout.
Over time, I'd be happy just to be known as a great sparring/training partner. I'm getting a little old for serious competition since I'm just starting. But I've kinda got a trainer's mentality, and would love one day to be part of the crew that helps our club's best fighters prepare for competition.
it's fun, that's about it.
I train for fat chicks.
Money, women, fame and influence.
It keeps me sane.
Being injured again has driven me completely batshit already. It's ugly.
The Chinese Connection. When I was 4, and I have been training ever since, I knew then I wanted to fight it was what I was suppose to do, and I love it. From my first Karate Class to Training People these days. Soon enough you'll see me in a Ring or Cage Near you or from the comforts of a your couch watching PPV. I want to kno how good I am.
I train because I love the people I train with, and love the fun that comes with it. Plus you can only get better.
-To stay fit
-To pwn my sparring partners and feel good about improving
-To know I could handle 90% of the physical confrontations I might get into, and to make the other 10% regret it.
-To pass on knowledge and techniques. I love to teach.
Separate names with a comma.