Why Do We Need A Shoe With A Heel/Something Under Our Heel To Squat?

Anyone know a good place to find lifting shoes in the U.K.? Or, alternatively, a cheap enough source such that shoes+shipping is not ludicrously expensive...

Also, how much should I expect to pay. I can only seem to find shoes for like

Anyone know a good place to find lifting shoes in the U.K.? Or, alternatively, a cheap enough source such that shoes+shipping is not ludicrously expensive...

Also, how much should I expect to pay. I can only seem to find shoes for like

Yeah I'm starting to look into getting some.
I'd rather not spend that much either, but I wouldn't mind trying at least some raised heel squatting to see how it feels.

I have the old adistars not the new ones like likkuid and I like them alot.

Yeah I'm starting to look into getting some.
I'd rather not spend that much either, but I wouldn't mind trying at least some raised heel squatting to see how it feels.

i been doin atg squats on a plank of wood (only .75") and feels much better for front squats, posture stays more upright.

I've always felt better squatting and deadlifting barefoot.

Same difference. I go to a powerlifting gym, and most of the lifters there squat in either Iron Work IIs, IIIs, or Do-wins. The rest either squat in some other kind of Oly shoe, or chucks.

I'll pass then and stick with my cheap chuck-knockoffs - I like squatting without having something lift my heel from the ground, since I am one of those who can comfortably do that.

I ALWAYS squat barefoot.

I love squatting in my ironworks however there pretty useless for everything else, even in bench because i tuck my feet I have to bench barefoot because there so stiff

The Do-Wins felt really nice today for front squats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back