Elections Why Do UFC Fans Love Donald Trump and Hate Joe Biden

Job growth? You mean telling everyone that it was ok to return to work?

Does that also include people that have to work 2 jobs because of Biden's inflation?

OMG, incomes per capita and GDP per capita and the stock market, property values, total wealth, etc. are all at record highs in the country.......the horror.

Trump has always attended Sports Events especially Boxing. But going to sporting events is good PR so maybe Joe should start attending some UFC events ringside as well....I'm sure the fans will be very cordial towards him
It can be good PR, but time is limited. If you're advising Biden, why would you tell him to go to a UFC event rather than a college football or basketball game, or any of the Big 4 sports?

I'll let you in on a secret: most politicians who go to combat sports event worldwide are doing it to bolster their masculine credentials and make voters (or subjects) think they are a salt and earth fellow who loves the circus part of bread and circus.

Trump is about as much of a combat sports fan as the Saudi or UAE folks bankrolling superfights in the Middle East.

Facts about what, a meaningless photo op? He CRUSHED the Railroad strike but you care about a photograph?
And what did Trump or the GOP do about the rail strike, or the run up to it which started years before?

I guess I should not be getting in the middle of your argument with the other poster, however, all in all, he has been a pretty pro union President , especially with his appointments to the National Labor Relations Board.

https://www.bradley.com/insights/pu...r-board-maintains-course-with-prounion-agenda
It's the sheer stupidity of trying to say that Biden is anti-union, but also arguing that Trump is pro-fighters despite his administration clearly coming down against labor and fighters the first chance it had to intervene in an mma labor dispute. Or ignoring how hostile Trump judicial appointees are to labor.

And what did Trump or the GOP do about the rail strike, or the run up to it which started years before?
I don't give a fuck, I'm not standing up for Trump. You're standing up for Biden. I literally came in this thread saying none of them give a fuck about anyone but the 1%...

It's the sheer stupidity of trying to say that Biden is anti-union, but also arguing that Trump is pro-fighters despite his administration clearly coming down against labor and fighters the first chance it had to intervene in an mma labor dispute. Or ignoring how hostile Trump judicial appointees are to labor.

All three of his Supreme Court appointees are/have been hostile to unions. They all have ruled (numerous times) in favor of right to work laws which obviously harm unions (which allow workers to be represented by unions without having to pay dues).

Because Trump is brazen. Similar to how Dana White, the UFC and popular MMA fighters market themselves. We're talking about a regional fanbase that elevates the likes of Chael Sonnen.

And, over the last year, wages have outpaced inflation.
It should also be pointed out that a main driver of inflation is corporate profits:

In the past, corporate profit growth accounted for maybe a third of inflation. But a report from the Kansas City Fed found that nearly 60% of inflation in 2021 was because of corporate profits.

Donald Trump handed over corporations hundreds of billions in free money, with the Tax Cuts. Just one corporation, Berkshire Hathaway, received $29.1 billion, for example.

It should also be pointed out that a main driver of inflation is corporate profits:

In the past, corporate profit growth accounted for maybe a third of inflation. But a report from the Kansas City Fed found that nearly 60% of inflation in 2021 was because of corporate profits.

Donald Trump handed over corporations hundreds of billions in free money, with the Tax Cuts. Just one corporation, Berkshire Hathaway, received $29.1 billion, for example.

This is true and I forgot to account for it. Right now, corporate profits are at record highs, dividend payouts, share buybacks, etc.

I don't give a fuck, I'm not standing up for Trump. You're standing up for Biden. I literally came in this thread saying none of them give a fuck about anyone but the 1%...
Who says I am. Pointing out that Biden is the most pro-labor president in decades is a very low bar. It's not even debatable whether he or Trump has done more to back unions.
All three of his Supreme Court appointees are/have been hostile to unions. They all have ruled (numerous times) in favor of right to work laws which obviously harm unions (which allow workers to be represented by unions without having to pay dues).
yup, or the literal example of Trump's administration intervening to dismiss Leslie Smith's appeal in what's a pretty credible example of anti-organizing behavior from the UFC.

these freaks are so out of touch with reality lmao. "omg Trump cut taxes, that means he supports the super wealthy!"

Trump's tax cuts helped middle/working class people the most, including his energy and other economic policies that lower energy costs and kept inflation way down. Here it is as reported by two pretty mainstream and reputable sources, The Hill and WSJ, using official IRS data. The super wealthy already have a bunch of loopholes and whatnot to cover themselves.

Look at the author of the opinion piece of the Hill article (Justin Haskins). Sorry but he's not at all reputable.

Also, funny how you leave out the sunset provision of the individual tax cuts and that the corporate tax cuts (which were permanent) were about a 40 percent reduction which is significantly more than the individual cuts.

Back