Why do the Diaz brothers talk the way they do?

real2124

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
They often come across as sounding really uneducated..... Which part of da hood are they from?

Stockton 209?

That might just be how the present themselves. I know when I'm around old friends and such, I talk pretty ghetto, because that's how I was brought up. But, in my spare time, I read books on astrophysics and shit, lol. And you can tell by my posts that my vocabulary is not insubstantial. I'm sure they're not as dumb as they may let on.

I only really stopped to think about it during the presser with Nate vs Conor... I don't think Nate was really coherent of half of McGregor's verbal attacks...

Stockton 209?

That might just be how the present themselves. I know when I'm around old friends and such, I talk pretty ghetto, because that's how I was brought up. But, in my spare time, I read books on astrophysics and shit, lol. And you can tell by my posts that my vocabulary is not insubstantial. I'm sure they're not as dumb as they may let on.

This makes sense.

Just because their words don't flow out eloquently doesn't mean their thought processes and reflexes in the ring are not top tier.

2013 account,where have you been that you don't know that?

I have to wonder why Nate sounds a lot lot worse than Nick.

They both have a bit of a lisp/speech impediment. Smarter than they sound.

Stockton 209?

Hahaha, nice try!

As for the Diaz bros, I'd say a big part of it is they just don't like doing media work. Speaking in front of crowds is a huge fear for a lot of people, fighters can be no different.

Hahaha, nice try!

As for the Diaz bros, I'd say a big part of it is they just don't like doing media work. Speaking in front of crowds is a huge fear for a lot of people, fighters can be no different.

I don't understand. What was I trying? I'm not saying I'm correct. Just a plausible theory.

I don't understand. What was I trying? I'm not saying I'm correct. Just a plausible theory.

Your use of the word insubstantial when referring to your vocabulary. Insubstantial is used when describing physicality or a lack of physicality.

Your use of the word insubstantial when referring to your vocabulary. Insubstantial is used when describing physicality or a lack of physicality.

in·sub·stan·tial
[ˌinsəbˈstan(t)SH(ə)l]
ADJECTIVE

lacking strength and solidity:

"the huts are relatively few and insubstantial" · 

synonyms: flimsy · fragile · breakable · weak · frail · slight

What word would you use? I have a 9th grade education and I hold my own pretty damn well. Believe me.

Back